Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Crossfader causes audio to crackle and pop

When i have my Pioneer DDJ-SR connected to TRAKTOR PRO 2 while running MASCHINE 2  MIDI linked for performance and then i have two songs playing on deck 1 and 2, then i try cross fading from Deck 1 to deck 2 or vice versa the audio begins to crackle and pop, slowing the song speed down, and causing me to lose my mind. the audio does not crackle and pop while using just my vertical volume faders. only when i use the cross fader. I tried to run a latency mon program to see if CPU usage was causing the cracking and popping but my maschine software, my traktor software and my latencyMon all said there was no issue with the CPU usage, i have an extremely fast PC and i cant seem to figure out what the problem is... can anyone help?

SpektrOhm

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

oh, ALL is purchased, licensed and legitimate software. 

SpektrOhm 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Have you tried increasing the latency / buffer size to see if that reduces the crackling, regardless of CPU reports?

Pulse 0 voti

It does not allow me to adjust the latency. The orange bar just stays fixed in one position when i try to move it.

SpektrOhm 0 voti

Are you adjusting the latency within Traktor? You should use the Pioneer Setting utility.

Pulse 0 voti

Do you not have the DDJ-SR drivers installed? If you go to the Start menu, go to All Programs > Pioneer and there should be a setting utility within.

Pulse 0 voti

Ok so i found the pioneer utility and ive been playing with the settings but now the crossfader no longer crackles the music but now whenever i press the shift key all the music slows down. And the tempo goes all crazy.

SpektrOhm 0 voti

What did you adjust the latency to?
Did you add some additional mapping to the shift key?

Pulse 0 voti