Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Pioneer DDJ SX2 & VDJ8 - Running on a Mac (OSX 10.9.5, 2.4ghz I7, 16gb, 1TB SSD,17" 2011 model)

Hi Guys, 

i understand that the sx2 is native for serto but is there anyone out there having any luck with VDJ8?

i would rather run VDJ8. it fits well with mobile work that i do. 

i am really surprised that there is no native mapper available after all this time for the sx2 as its such a popular controller. 

i am finding that the led's for the platters are not correct (still active even when the track is not playing), along with things like the cue buttons not being responsive. all in the controller & software are just not synced! 

any pointers and advice would be great. 

cheers

Iain

iainalpine

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

7 commenti

Chris, one of the tech guys at VDJ, is very good about mapping all of the controllers natively for Virtual, and most of them are done before the controllers even hit the market. I would check that:

a) you are using the latest version of the software

b) you have the latest firmware installed on the SX2

The other thing you can try is to put the SX2 into general-MIDI mode, see page 23 for instructions: http://docs.pioneer.eu/Manuals/DDJ_SX2_DRI1228A_manual/

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Pioneer DDJ-SX2 is natively supported in VirtualDJ 8.

It appears that your controller is not properly detected, possibly due to your outdated version of VirtualDJ.

Please download and install the latest build from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html 

Verify from VirtualDJ Settings window that you are running VirtualDJ build 2282.990 or higher.

In case you still have troubles, please contact VirtualDJ Support  http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html and one of our agents will be happy to troubleshoot further.

Babis 0 voti

Hi Guys, 

thanks for your input with this. 

currently i have the latest firmware for the controller and the latest build for VDJ. i also have the controller set to serato mode. 

i am going to try completely removing VDJ and carryout a fresh install. i was trying avoid this as i didn't want to loose history/setup info etc. 

i will post once i have carried this out. 

thanks for your input guys, its appreciated. 

Iain

iainalpine 0 voti

hi Guys, 

well a complete fresh install has made a big difference and all currently seems to be working ok with the exception of VDJ7 now showing as a home issue and not pro which i should have. 

i have to say its strange for VDJ8 to now be ok as when i checked version numbers etc everything is exactly the same. obviously a 'glitch' in the system. 

any pointers with getting VDJ7 Pro back would be great. 

Iain

iainalpine 0 voti

apologies guys, was being dumb and didn't look under my account for the pro version!

cheers

Iain

iainalpine 0 voti

Glad it worked for you.

Just a heads up. The DDJ-SX2 is not supported in version 7. There is a chance of course to make it work (by using the support files of the DDJ-SX and maybe change the vid/pid) , but you will never get the 100% of the functionality.

I strongly advise you to move on to version 8.

VDJ Team

Babis 0 voti