Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Music only coming out in one channel - CDJ2000 and Traktor Pro

Hey guys

At home I have DJM750 and 2 CDJ900 Nexus.

In the beginning I could not connect it, it was just not working.

But since 2 months Traktor had an update for this and it worked fine.
I know I have to do the audio/midi thing, add a new device, and adjust your settings in traktor: output routing external 1 2 3 4 , and choose the new device in audio input.

BUT

Today I had to show something on CDJ2000. I did everything as I did with my CDJ900 Nexus but the sound only came out of one channel. Both decks went out of my first channel. Out of my second channel, no sound came.

So I could not mix, because it all came out of one channel.
How is this possible? I have to play on the same device soon so I hope somebody can help.

I tried to connect them with USB HID cables right into my mac.

Thanks

margauxjerome

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

So, I tried to connect on 2 different CDJ 2000

I think the firmware of the other one was outdated.
It could also be because I used the AUDIO / MIDI conf. from Apple itself and not from Pioneer...

I will have to play on the first one described in this topic again, if it happens again or something else, I will let it know here, so others can be helped.

margauxjerome 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Note: when I tried of two other entire set-ups of CDJ2000 it worked perfectly, like it should and always described in tutorials!
So I think it is the firmware OR the fact of using the wrong aggregator.

margauxjerome 0 voti

This same thing is happening to me only I'm mapping traktor to a Pioneer ddj sz?? Only one channel for both track decks :( I have no idea how to solve this its doing my head in

dene sawyer 0 voti

Hey,

Thanks for your reply.

When I used the CDJ app from Pioneer itself, it worked fine.
Also, I updated the CDJ's, they did not have the latest firmware.

But I'm kind of conflicted with my next bookings: if the CDJ's are not up to date, I can't play properly.
I think it's kind of stupid to always need to ask people/clubs to be sure. Is there a way around this?

A DJ teacher told me you could connect the Audio MK2 to the mixer, that would work too he said... But it's unfortunate no guidance is given in this. It's not fun to stress about each gig as 'will I be able to connect'

margauxjerome 0 voti

@margauxjerome > You can always carry a USB flash drive with the firmware on it and update the players as you arrive, don't rely on the clubs to do it!

Pulse 0 voti

Haha yes but say I play as in the middle of night (as I mostly do)
then I'd have to stop all CD players to update the firmware.. That's not really an option :-)

Please let me know if you have other suggestions

margauxjerome 0 voti

You use all of the players all of the time?

My suggestion - get a spare flash drive, load like 10 songs on it (this is good for emergency purposes too). If the previous DJ is finishing his set, on the CDJ he's NOT using, throw in the USB drive with the firmware, update the player, reboot it and stick in the USB drive with the songs. Load up a song, start your set, on the OTHER player, update the firmware, reboot it, connect it to your computer, connect the other USB to the computer from the CDJ currently playing, fire up Traktor, load the non-playing deck, start a song, load the previously playing deck after it stops...

What's so hard about that?

Pulse 0 voti