Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

[SOLVED] Locating instruction video for setting loops on CDJ Nexus

I've read posts but I am still lost because pressing Memory hasn't worked. Probably because I'm not doing it correctly. 

I really hate RB, everyone who has spent time in the part of the forum knows. So I would rather do all my cues, hot cues, loops and so on with the CDJ. Tonight I had the auto loop going but could not figure out how to save the darn thing so that the next time I play that same song on my PLAYLIST it would auto loop at the end of the track.. I hate coming on here and asking so much but...

Anyone know of a video that step by step goes over what I am trying to do? 

Justin time for some Hardstyle!

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

49 commenti

Don't hate rekordbox... ;) Here's a short guide of how to save a Active Loop.

• Open the track in rekordbox
  • Select Quantize
  • Go to the start position of the loop and hit Cue
  • Select loop size
  • Click the Memory button to the right, twice so you see the yellow dots!

See attached picture.

I hope this helps!

oakstream 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Thanks, I saw that video but he rushes past doing loops... IMO. I'll give it another go in a bit. 

Have you or anyone else set a CUE on the CDJ by lining up exactly on the beat and once hit saved it moves to the right just a tad and doesn't exactly stay on the beat/line/or whatever? That's my issue, even in RB I will get it perfect, but the same CUE is moved just a tad off to the right when I get on the CDJ to play it and as I said if I CUE on the CDJ, same thing. 

Oak, you state open RB. Can I not do this on the CDJ and then save to RB like I can with CUES? I think I set a loop, save and then play the rack before the loop and when it gets there the RED arrow lights up above yet no loop

Actually when I move the cue/loop call button it goes into a loop but it's not auto cuing if I start at another CUE and it hits this cue loop like at the end of a track. 

Justin time for some Hardstyle! 0 voti

#$@$^#^!!!!!!

Thanks Oak, wonder why this can't be done like setting cues and all... oh well. 

yup, I had requested this a while back, the only thing you really NEED rb for is active loop, There should be an option when in a loop, when you hit memory it says loop or active loop

BriChi 0 voti

YUP! Guess they were busy making 2.0.3 instead. 

Ok, I got the Hub switch hooked up. I hit play on my CDJ thinking the beat grid in RB would move as well and maybe this would work together with the CDJ meaning what I do on the cdj will show up on RB (Setting cues and loops). However it doesn't appear to work together unless I am over looking something?

If not, this also would be a great feature IMO. Basically what you do on your CDJ you see live on Rekordbox. and everything is saved and flows together. Am I dreaming again?

If you set a loop or cue and save it by hitting memory or or set a hot cue ABC on the cdj, it is saved to that file on your laptop in RB and vice versa so you must be missing something

BriChi 0 voti

SO the beat grid should move on RB when I hit play on the CDJ? 

no, RB is not DVS software like serato, It is strictly music management and has a link feature, think of RB as just being an external harddrive when linked to play. 

BriChi 0 voti

I do see cues delete and all, I'm just wondering if the beat grid should move? If not that would be an option I would like to see. Using the computer as a larger screen while working the cdj

I dont think they would add it only because that's not the purpose really of the whole system, the system is really designed to "leave the laptop at home" so I couldnt see them adding all these features to RB to warrant you having to bring the laptop. I guess they figure if you want all those features, just use sera to/Traktor/Cross, etc.....

BriChi 0 voti

I see. That sucks! That really, really sucks! I hope it evolves to something better... As we are forced (Nexus users) to use RB or if we don't we loose features I hope Pioneer gets on the ball!

But I could be totally wrong, maybe they will add more "info" in RB when LINK'ed. Right now I really dont want more features and things RB has to do, I want the current version to work right 100%

right but the point in the Nexus decks is to do exactly what it is intended to do, prep your set at home and walk up to the decks with a usb drive and play. The laptop LINK mode is really secondary i'm sure in their mind. I know for me I would love to just leave the laptop at home and just use a usb drive but their search features on the nexus suck right now and need to be improved

BriChi 0 voti

Yeah but not all of us our mobile DJ's. I am a bedroom DJ and that's my future. That doesn't mean I want to settle for a product with less features than the Nexus because I am not mobile. Pioneer should support all DJ's, even if we leave the laptop at home it's still a nice option to have when at home to set everything up and it's much easier and nicer to have it all work together. 

reminds me of the days I wished XBOX would do this or that and people would tell me, it's a console not a PC and... But over the years XBOX turned into something great. I hope Pioneer is not so narrow minded!

I agree they should support all dj's but you want RB to be like serato or traktor, so just use them instead of RB, RB is free so I doubt they are going to make RB the same as Traktor for free vs hundreds of dollars. the Nexus wave expands far enough that I really couldn't see too much of an advantage of having it on my laptop screen vs the Nexus screen, But that's of course my opinion for the way i dj, I barely rely on the wave so the feature is irrelevant to me, although cool if i am not 100% familiar with the new track. 

Maybe a Pio rep can comment on their future improvements and direction RB is going, maybe waves are in the future

BriChi 0 voti

Matter of fact. Even if someone just wants to use RB as a Hardrive only, fine. There are options in my car, phone, XBOX that I have available that I never use but to others, they couldn't live without them. I mean, is it really that big of a deal to just sync RB beat grid to work with the CDJ beat grid? I mean seriously? lol

LOL,,, Yes, to add dual screen players which scroll the waveform of the current tracks playing from the cdj's and keep those waves in exact sync between the NExus screen and the RB screen takes a lot of work to program in and at the same time, not kill other features or make the program any more unstable or kill your lapap

BriChi 0 voti

Rekordbox is not free. Sure it says free but that's just marketing. Just because it's "Free" doesn't mean it should be of lesser quality to other programs out there. I purchases 3 CDJNexs, djmnxs mixer, pioneer 08 speakers and rmx 1000 plus pioneer cables. Pushing $10,000 grand right? But I get a free Rekordbox program LOL! Geee, thanks! We all know RB holds back the Nexus lineup. We spend thousands of dollars yet Pioneer fails to give the customers a program they really want and say, go use such and such if you don't like RB features? Bad business IMO and should be a wake up call to Pioneer. I'm just saying...

right but you can look at it the other way too, RB is free if you work in a club that purchased them, It didnt cost me a penny to download RB, organize my set and walk into the clubs and play that set.

BriChi 0 voti

I'm sorry, I mean I spend $10,000 grand and I get a free Rekordbox program that for the most part is needed anyways to use the Nexus lineup... Marketing!

again though, for most club dj's it is free, the club buys 1 set of nexus' for a club, but for 100 dj's that will use it the next couple of months, all those dj's have RB for free

BriChi 0 voti

Why shouldn't it be free? Can you use RB on a Denon CDJ? Maybe that is what I am missing? If you buy Pioneer you should get the software for it free anyways. I wouldn't buy a PC if the operating system didn't come with it or a Printer that didn't have software for it. 

I just don't understand this FREE HYPE? It's marketing, getting Pioneer to be a standard in every club, nothing wrong with that but I know for a fact a portion of money Pioneer makes on it's DJ gear goes to pay the software developers who make RB. 

Honestly, Pioneer is making good moves to dominate but making a program like Serato/Tracktor into RB and having Pioneers software be better than those would help Pioneer in the long run. If domination of the DJ customer is what Pioneer is after...

Example: Do you use Sarato? No, I use RB now, much better than Sarato plus it works flawlessly with my Pioneer equipment.

Shouldn't that be the goal?

on the other hand, if you don't want that type of program RB is still there as a Harddrive lol

I do use Serato from time to time too if I need to do video mixing but in a way I guess you can say Serato is free too being that a lot of clubs have it pre installed. So for a lot of djs it's free to download cause u use the clubs box. So you can look at this either way

Either way in your eyes it's a lose lose for pioneer, they say its free and you complain it's a marketing scam but if they charged for it you would complain too. Lol.

BriChi 0 voti

Probably would, you're right. After spending thousands... But on the other hand there could be a basic version and an upgrade... At this point if I purchased another program or Upgrade Pioneer, I would pay for it now. It's a feature worth it to me.

But, in the end what good is it in the long run. I have to get use to what RB is and like it or not.... it is what it is. 

Thanks for help Bri.

Back to point. On RB. My mixer Icon says "LINK MON OFF" how do I turn that on?

Eithernet from Computer goes to Computer 1 in DJM correct?

Here is a picture.