Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

[CLOSED] issues with playing tracks - tracks "speeding" up...

Hello folks,

I use a DJM900 and 2 CDJ2000nexus, i use USB (sometimes Traktor, CDJ in HID mode) (Setup Linked via Ca5 on a Netgear switch)

Recently I lived a strange phenomenon, during mixing from USB (fat32 formated, Library created via RB) , luckily it was at home :). So after the mix done, and tearing down the fader from the finished deck, the "on air" track just speeded up (from 130 bpm to 170bpm). The original bpm of the track is 128bpm, so it should have to do nothing with that...

That phenomenon appeared with both of the decks.

Today i updated to firmware 1.10, i hoped the issue was solved, but suddenly the deck did it again...

Anyone had the same problem ? What is the matter with that phenomenon ? An most important, whats the solution?

Thanks for helpful advices.

Alex Sauber

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

18 commenti

@Alex > Does this happen with one track in particular or seemingly at random?

What version of rekordbox are you on?

Gavin 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hi Gavin,

it's no specific track, and my RecordBox is on version 2.0.2

Alex Sauber 0 voti

@Alex > I've requested the input of an engineer to this query. I'll post a response once I hear back.

Gavin 0 voti

WOW funny you brought this issue up... This just happened to me last night with 2 songs and a few loops. I thought it was the tunes and just blew it off. I guess from now on I will not blow anything off anymore...

DJ Pete 0 voti

Have you guys RE-ANALYSED your tracks since version 2.0.x of rekordbox?

Gavin 0 voti

Yes I did... I never had a old version of RB. Just got my players for XMAS. Plus I just re-analysed all my tracks once I figure out that I need to have "analyse" key off if I wanted my mixed in Key to show up in the key column.

DJ Pete 0 voti

Same for me Tracks fully an correctly analized...

My Soft- and Firmware are all up to date... :/  strange things happening sometimes :))

Alex Sauber 0 voti

Here are some questions from the engineers:

This issue seems to be related with SYNC function. 

We want to ask the user the questions below: 

・Is the firmware of CDJ-2000nexus the latest (Ver.1.10)? 

・How do they use the BEAT SYNC, MASTER and SYNC buttons? 

・How many players do they use?

When the fader is lowered, MASTER player might be switched to other player and the BPM of the switched Master might have affected the BPM value of the current player.

Gavin 0 voti

I had a similar issue once but only once. The track infact slowed down rather then speed up.

And Sync feature was in use at the time. So I'm guessing it had something to do with the Auto Sync feature. 

wesley j 0 voti

wesley j, can you answer the questions right above your posts from the engineers?

This issue seems to be related with SYNC function. 

We want to ask the user the questions below: 

・Is the firmware of CDJ-2000nexus the latest (Ver.1.10)? 

・How do they use the BEAT SYNC, MASTER and SYNC buttons? 

・How many players do they use?

When the fader is lowered, MASTER player might be switched to other player and the BPM of the switched Master might have affected the BPM value of the current player.

BriChi 0 voti

My Decks are V1.10

My Sync is simply switched on (mostly :) So like mentioned "master sync" switches automatically

i use 2 of the CDJ2000Nexus Linked via Ethernet Switch (as my DJM900 NXS is also connected to it)

But the phenomenon appears "during" the track, not right after i lowered the channel of the track, just like "in the middle" of the track....

Alex Sauber 0 voti

I USE 2 CDJ 2000 NEXUS WITH A DJM 2000 NEXUS. I USE THE DJM 2000 NEXUS AS MY MASTER WHEN IN SYNC MODE. ALL PLAYERS AND MIXER ARE THE LATEST AND GREATEST S/W VERSION.

DJ Pete 0 voti

One of my friends had the same issue with the track speeding up in the breakdown... turns out he was using "Dynamic" mode to analyze his tracks instead of "Normal" in Rekordbox... so Rekordbox saw the breakdown was 90bpm from a track that was 130bpm

check if you have analyzed your tracks in Normal or Dynamic mode... to not cause issues Normal is much more stable- Dynamic will speed up/slow down if you are using Beat-Sync

maDJam 0 voti

I've had this happen a few times as well - seen the track slow down but never speed up.  Doesn't happen often but when it does, it seems very random so tough to lay out the circumstances.  All tracks are analyzed normal.  CDJ2000nxs + DJM900nxs playing from SD card.   

Fox 0 voti

I think that might be it maDJam?? Cause I had a few songs slow down on me in the breaks with no beats... I thought at first it was the song and the way it was remixed... But then it happened again on 3 other tracks... WOW.. This s/w is really a pain in the .....! Guess we all have to re-analyze all our music again in normal mode..... AWESOME!!! there goes another 10hrs of my MAC killing itself for this s/w.

DJ Pete 0 voti

Yeah so again for those that are having the chipmunks sing in the middle of their track (or Barry White) it's because rekordbox in DYNAMIC mode is analyzing the changes in the BPM of the tracks in your collection... so if there's one of those House to RnB and back tracks going from 128BPM to 95 then back to 128... rekordbox and BEAT-SYNC will speed up the 95BPM part to 128, hence Alvin, Simon, Theodore take over the vocals. 

Simple solution- re-analyze your tracks that have extreme/hard BPM changes in NORMAL mode in rekordbox, that was the master BPM & Sync will not change... even if the track goes from 128 to 95... it'll keep it locked at 128... 

maDJam 0 voti

Not so simple... Very time consuming for most of us due to the amount of music we have. Simple solution is for Pioneer to overhaul RB and we all just run our music through the s/w for one last time for the rest of our lives.... :)

DJ Pete 0 voti

Exactly what Pete said, it seems like we re-analyze a lot and have to deal with re doing grids too often, with large libraries it is very time consuming. Hopefully they release a version of RB that fixes all

BriChi 0 voti