Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

[CLOSED] Things that have bugged me about having both 2000 and 2000nexus

I use two CDJ2000s, a DJM900, and a CDJ2000nexus in my setup, and I've noticed some things that I would like to see changed just as a point of continuity.

The 4 beat loop on the nexus no longer automatically starts a track if it is at the autocue point. On the 2000s, I could hit the 4 beat loop/loop cutter button and instantly have the track start, and be in a 4 beat loop. I wish the 2000nexus had this feature.

The CDJ2000 can do loops via the needle strip out to 32 beats, the 2000nexus only goes out to 16. Why, when the screen is higher resolution than its older brother?

On the CDJ2000, if you want to change the size of a loop via the needle strip, you can run your finger along the strip without changing the size of the loop until you've selected the size loop you wanted and released your finger from the strip. The 2000nexus changes the size of the loop immediately as you touch the strip, not waiting until you've lifted off. I do love the addition of the loop length adjust buttons though. 

These are just a few things that have messed me up in sets, but I'm sure I'll get used to if Pioneer decides they aren't worth modifying with FW updates. Thought it might be nice to have some continuity along the 2000 range. Thanks! 

Christian Jackson

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

5 commenti

The CDJ2000 can do loops via the needle strip out to 32 beats, the 2000nexus only goes out to 16. Why, when the screen is higher resolution than its older brother?

I am guessing for better accuracy when trying to hit the loop fast on the fly, the bigger the area, the more accurate it will be when touching fast, also the needle strip now has tiny raised areas to coincide with the loops too, so they wanted to match that up and make them bigger for "fat fingers' lol

On the CDJ2000, if you want to change the size of a loop via the needle strip, you can run your finger along the strip without changing the size of the loop until you've selected the size loop you wanted and released your finger from the strip. The 2000nexus changes the size of the loop immediately as you touch the strip, not waiting until you've lifted off. I do love the addition of the loop length adjust buttons though. 

I love now how they active on touch, allows me to keep hitting it as an extra hot start so to speak, tap it on beat until your ready to go

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

"I love now how they active on touch, allows me to keep hitting it as an extra hot start so to speak, tap it on beat until your ready to go"

Never even thought of that! Still, I suppose I'd just like them to be all the same, either way is fine with me.

Christian Jackson 0 voti

Better if the loop length went to 32 Beats... but ok , we can make the loop longer by pressing the *2 button...

As for the other thing...

I also think it was better if the loop was activated on RELEASE... Now if you press the wrong button ...

Although, when you press a loop size that is bigger then you want , you could still be fast and correct it...

TheOne 0 voti

Thanks for your feedback. I believe the enlarged looping options are for better accuracy when selecting the option.

It is still very easy to choose a 32-beat loop. Engage loop mode, choose a 16beat loop and then press the 2x button. Voila, 32 beat loop. I'm not sure how high up it can go, but I just created a 128 beat loop to test.

Gavin 0 voti