Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

19 follower Segui

[SOLVED] FW 1.10, 2000 Nexus - Master no longer switches back and forth throughout mixing

This was brought up in another thread but i couldn't find it.

I do not use SYNC but i did enjoy having the 2 - 4 bar counters up top when mixing from the slave deck, now with the 1.10 update, the players do not aug switch to MASTER after a mix, normally once I raised the second volume and lowered the first, the live deck automatically became the master and now the slave had the 4 beat bar for both decks. Now I have to manually hit master each time I am done mixing if i want to use that feature. And no, i do not want to turn SYNC on for this feature to work, I hate the SYNC crap but the 4 beat bar is a cool visual if needed quickly during a mix.

can they put this back on? 

it seems like they fixed """"""Unexpected switching of Master Player and Slave Player when using Slip Scratch or Slip Pause during SYNC.""""" but broke the master switching all together if sync was off

BriChi

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

47 commenti

Are pioneer intentionally ignoring this thread (and the iPad issue). They couldn't be that useless surely!!!

Simple question - will this problem be fixed on not?

Sadly it was a really good feature that actually worked,before they broke it...

cdjbasile 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Incompetence or neglect of consumers? T

his is absurd by the pioneer.

Several bugs that have been reported here in this forum and no correction.

Doctor DJ 0 voti

Sorry guys, but things don't get fixed/resolved overnight it takes some time.  The master switching/Rekordbox issues have been sent to the appropriate engineers for review.  Once there is news I will post it here.

Jay 0 voti

This bug is here since aeons...you broke it in 1.10 and did not fix it in 1.13. We paid a huge amount of money for a product that doesn't really deliver what it promises.

Pioneer CDJ = never again for me.

Julia O 0 voti

@Djjay Whilst we all appreciate the reply, i feel i should point out that this bug was first reported (Thus this topic opened!) 6 MONTHS AGO...

I doubt few would describe that as overnight...

If traktor,Serato etc can release timely updates to bugs, why can't pioneer?

cdjbasile 0 voti

Pioneer releases cdj2000nxs firmwares around every two months, so let's hope this bug will be fixed in this release. It's annoying.

What they should do, is they should publish a list with reporteded bugs, confirmed bugs and if they will be fixed in the next release.
This will give us some peace of mind.

They should also make a list with requested features.

RamonCC 0 voti

I'm sure this will cause some unrest, but the comment below from Pulse re: FW v1.13 makes me think the switching (or lack thereof) is by design and not a bug.  IDK, it's actually totally confusing to me - every time I read it, it makes less and less sense to me.  Anyone else have an interpretation?  Thinking about it, I haven't seen a thread where a mod has acknowledged that the switching is a problem and will be addressed... 

Attention all users...

This update addresses several bugs and does not change any existing features, nor does it add any. As such, there should be no concern over negative impact after the update to 1.13.

From reading the comments in this thread, most of the complaints are about the change made in ver. 1.10 (unexpected switching of Master Player and Slave Player when using Slip Scratch or Slip Pause during SYNC). This change was made for preventing the issue of the tempo changing unintentionally while using the sync feature on only one of two players. 

This improvement has triggered complaints that usability was lowered for those who do not use the SYNC feature at all, notably those using the automatic switch of Master/Slave feature not for sync purpose but simply for the phase meter and traffic light functions. If the SYNC feature is not used in either player, the bug fixed in ver. 1.10 does not occur even if this change is reversed.

Your feedback is always taken into consideration and improvements and changes are made as necessary and as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your patience.

June 21, 2013 05:21

Fox 0 voti

While fixing the unexpected switching of the master bug, they created this bug.

And instead of calling it a bug, they call it a feature. Problem fixed (for pioneer)

Phase metering and traffic light functions has little to do with SYNC, so there is no improvement. Usability is lowered.

They simply did not now how to fix this properly.

And if they really did this on purpose, than make it a setting, so people can choose which 'feature' they prefer.

I definitely do not like it.... Lowered Usabilty

RamonCC 0 voti

I know this is off topic and we've moved on, but I completely DISAGREE with this comment:

"DJ-ing is about the end result not how you got there because honestly ... your crowd doesn't give a shit if you sync or not and the crowd is more important!"

You know I have mad love for you BriChi, but DJing for me is not just about the end result. In fact to the contrary - DJing is also about the process (or as paraphrased above, how you get there). The technique, skill and creativity that we employ to achieve that end result that the crowd consumes should matter regardless of whether or not they care. Otherwise you might as well just pop a mix on coz the crowd sure as hell won't care so much as long as the tunes are banging and spot on. However, that'll certainly make a difference to you if you don't shoot yourself in the face from the sheer boredom because you will no longer be DJing the gig!

As for all the arguments about sync giving one more time to do other stuff like perfecting effects, etc., you're supposed to be doing that too as part of DJing! That argument could be used against you in a scenario where one counter-argues that having your mate pick, load, cue and mix songs for you actually gives you even more time to perfect those effects. In fact why stop there? Why not just add someone else or another button to analyze the level of activity on the dance floor and start the cued track when the previous track is almost over, you can completely free all your body parts and functions to give yourself more time to stay home!

Bottom line, sync takes away from the DJing process. End of story.

Now, about that master switching...

Also, this was penned from a satirical perspective so no need to start this fire all over again.

Eychenne Everyday 0 voti

I should add that sync also takes away from the DJing experience and enjoyment. Technology is slowly chipping away at all the reasons why I enjoy DJING. And yes, I know it's here to stay and I can't do jack about it. Off to my basement to cry in the corner before I play some gramaphones.

Eychenne Everyday 0 voti

*gramophones. God, I miss the old forums and all the editing capabilities thereof.

Eychenne Everyday 0 voti

Who cares... It's an endless discussion.
This topic is about the master not automatically switching.

RamonCC 0 voti

@Eychenne Everyday, Thank you!! and I agree that dj'ing is all about the creativity, music selection, etc...... the comment about it not mattering how you get there is just a matter of sync being on or off. Again, I do not use it because i enjoy the art of mixing and being creative BUT if the end result of all of my mixes into a great track results in the crowd going crazy, then it really doesnt matter to them how I mixed, Whether the sync was on or off, the crowd, for that one feature, can care less.

and with that said, YES who cares!!!!! this is such endless argument I see and read all over it drives me nuts. Point is, if the crowd is rocking in a club or ate a private event by you music selection and style of mixing to keep the energy up, that button is irrelevant

BriChi 0 voti

Every time I read the seemingly timeless sync debate, one important detail always seems to go by the wayside - the fact that the sync function is by-and-large INCOMPLETE. Any pre-sync revolution DJ that learned by LISTENING to their music (vs staring at a waveform) will tell you that sync doesn't match your tracks on a pro level...it gets you CLOSE, but never 100%. I don't care how much time someone spends adjusting beat grids (which I have) - every track is unique and simply lining up transients can still sound like a trainwreck. Maybe 1 out of every 100 times I engage sync does it match 100% - the other 99 require critical listening and manual adjustment. That all said, the only real utility of the sync function (when it comes to beatmatching) is a substitute for adjusting your tempo slider to match BPM, which are spelled out for you on the decks for crying out loud. Me personally - I hit sync to save the 10 seconds it takes to adjust the tempo slider (because that's just flat out logical), and then it goes off. Sync haters rest easy - listening to a set where sync is relied on 100% without manual adjustment will stick out like a sore thumb - even to your average club-goer. It is by NO MEANS a magic button. I love Turfer's point about beatmatching being just one means of transitioning - anyone ever listen to a set for more than an hour that was 100% beatmatched? Yawn. Perhaps we should start a list of things sync DOESN'T do that are far more important to executing a set...song selection, phrasing, equalizing, managing levels, tell some jackass you don't take requests, FX, mix in key, the list goes on and on.

Fox 0 voti

Lol! Guys, I was just kidding. Wanted to see if this debate was still alive - which it is, apparently. Plus, if you read closely to all the comments above, I think we're all basically saying the same thing. My only point was when you remove the crowd from the equation and just use the "enjoyment" metric to measure whether or not you like DJing as a pastime  (remember, like we all did back in our bedroom DJing days with records), sync takes away from that. Sync is here to stay. Doesn't mean I like it. Ha!

Eychenne Everyday 0 voti