Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

drift with CDJ 2000 Nexus

Hi,

I recently purchased these decks. I instantly upgraded to the latest firmware so I was sure most bugs were removed however I have the following issue.

When I beat match 2 tracks at different bpms I start to see a drift within the first 8 bars, for example.

Track 1 - 128 bpm (playing)
Track 2 - 130 bpm (cued)

I bump up track1 slowly to 130bpm throughout the track, great.

Now when I have them both at 130 bpm and beat match them I start to get the drift, though minor its enough that I have to jog the wheel to keep it in sync. Ive even tried at temp 6 so I have more control but no matter what I set it either drifts forwards or backwards.

I appreciate there will be drift at some point but I would of thought it would be further down the line.

Am I doing something wrong here?

BTW I'm using rekordbox 3.3.

thanks

Ian

Ian Tobin

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

35 commenti

Hi @Pulse!

kkkkkkk tks ...yes ,its because I use my ears that Im telling the tracks drift out...

But now you left me on a bifurcation .. you said us to consider this things like a power tool...

Am I asking too much for a professional equip?

It's this kind of things that turn a dj better than others...feeling the floor ,talent ,accuracy...

Seriosly ,without make some splurge here but ...even the cheapest softwares made this ...(works with decimals,no drifts) I'm wondering why cdjs doesn't???

The Henrik Maneuver ,tks for join and try to help...My english is a little bit rusty but if I understand correctly that you said that's nothing to do ,just correct with platter...its that right???

I also realize that how much more different the bpms are ,more quickly the songs drifts out...
I know ...it's just mix tracks with more close bpms ,but it's what a dj it's supposed to do...different combinations ....

Cristian Schvantes 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Yes, use the platter to nudge the song in phase.

"even the cheapest softwares made this" - it's called sync. You can do this on all modern Pioneer CDJ's, just link them with a network cable, hit sync and make sure your beat grids are properly adjusted. But as I wrote, sync comes at the price of inflexibility.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 voti

@Cristian > You're talking about a CDJ-350... the function is well within the expected performance for that unit.

Pulse 0 voti

Thank you guys!

Yes I have the 350...I'm asking about all my doubts before buy the nexus...but like I  tested in the cdj2000 and work just like the 350...drift out... 

Cristian Schvantes 0 voti

The CDJ-2000 is much more accurate than the CDJ-350 for all aspects of performance.

Pulse 0 voti