Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

CDJ 2000 nxs1 Coloured Waveform

Surely a simple firmware update for the NXS1 CDJs will now allow the coloured waveforms which will be present in the NXS2 CDJs?

Or will Pioneer disregard us NXS1 users the privilege in order to boost sales of the new units?

It can't be a hardware limitation as the NXS1's display are full colour so it's simply a software update.

Shªun_N

Commento ufficiale

When you purchased a CDJ or DJM, you bought it for the features it had at that time, not for the promise that in the future another product would have bigger and better functions that would trickle down to the previous models.

Yes, it would be lovely to never need to update our hardware, but in reality, the hardware itself has limitations in processing and memory as well, so business growth through hardware sales aside, it's plausible that Pioneer simply can't put those features into the existing products.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

9 commenti

See my answer to the thread on the FLAC support. I'll say the same again :) They could do it but it'd be bad marketing practice (a.k.a. do you want colored waveform? then buy the new nexus 2) and then pioneer will chime in saying that it's not possible because of the limitation of the old hardware :D

Julia O 0 voti

They gave DJM 2000 users the Beat Slice update inherited from the DJM 2000nxs

so can't see why this can't be applied to nxs1 users. 

Shªun_N 1 voto

I hope Pioneer keeps on supporting the Nexus (1) models for some time still

Armand 0 voti

There are no plans to discontinue support for the existing models however the focus will naturally be on the newer units. Whether we'll see this come to fruition in the current models is unknown at this point.

Pulse 0 voti

I can understand the need to sell the newer units but with the price of a djm 2000 nexs 1 you would think an update would be on its way to the legacey unit.

Jay McGhie 0 voti