Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

DJ switch / take-over when you use Traktor through USB HID

Hi!

Question!
When you are at a party or club and you are the next DJ and using traktor through usb hid. How do you change without having a moment of no music?

I thought it would be through usb or a CD, but when I connect the CD players to my laptop then, it only recognizes the one who is not playing! When I later want to connect the other one (so deck A is already playing from my Traktor), it does not work. It seems like I would have to restart Traktor completely and to the whole setup - which would mean silence for a minute.
Is there any tutorial for this? Looked for it, could not find it. Or clear instructions...?

At home here I have the 900Nxs * 2 and DJM 750, also Macbook.

Thanks a lot!

margauxjerome

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

4 commenti

The reason it only recognizes one is because Mac's OS can only recognize one audio card/device at a time, in this case it's your 900NXS. You have to create an aggregate device, which is essentially a means for Mac OS to utilize multiple audio interfaces/devices. I believe Pioneer has a downloadable program that will handle this for you. Once you've created an aggregate device that consists of your two 900NXS, next time you open Traktor and go to preferences you'll find a nice Audio Device that consists of both your CDJ's.

As far as I know, the aggregate process should be done prior to opening Traktor.

lostnthesound 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

That's very true, and I know that.

I open the Pioneer agg BUT if one of the CDJs is still playing USB/CD, it only recognizes the one not playing... So that's the problem.

margauxjerome 0 voti

My bad, I understand now: when you fire up Traktor to get ready, you only have access to the non-playing CDJ deck. When the deck that was playing ends and you switch it to HID, Traktor isn't "seeing" it. That is quite a problem and unfortunately, I'm afraid I can't help. I'm sure @Pulse will chime in. I'm curious to know the resolution as well. You should probably include the version of Traktor you're using in addition to your specific OSX, he's going to want to know that info. I hope everything works out. Cheers.

lostnthesound 0 voti

Does anyone has a solution for this? It won't be long 'til I will face this...

margauxjerome 0 voti