Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 follower Segui

Question about Rekordbox 4.0 and new RGB waveform

I have a question.

When I changed my list of music tracks to rekordbox 4.0
and the load on a USB stick, I note that only a few are inherited from my hotque and memory programs.

Also RGB waveform on the CDJ in 2000 NXS2 not working.

What can I do to resolve this?

thanks in advance

Olivier Boon

Commento ufficiale

In order to support RGB waveforms on the CDJ2000-NXS2, you will need to re-export your tracks using rekordbox 4.0.6 which will be available shortly. It wasn't expected that the players would be available through retailers quite so soon (shipping was quicker than expected!)

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

18 commenti

I believe the version you're running needs to be updated, also how do you have a NXS2 already??

Jay 0 voti

my cdj nxs2 is the same rgb not working and I have the latest rekordbox

I think its a bug that pioneer need to fix

I Beale 0 voti

On both of my cdj2000nxs2's the rgb waveform is not working too.

When I switch from blue to rgb nothing changes.

Paul Vossenstijn 0 voti

Same problem, in my not working wave rgb,Rekordbox 4.0.5

Max2003 0 voti

I have the same problem but I have only used them with the recordbox app for iPhone 6 Plus. You can choose rgb on the app (and on the Cdj itself) but the waveform does not change colour. 

When will this be getting looked at 

Jonathan goldstone 0 voti

Also is it

safe yet to download recordbox with El Capitan as that is what I am running on my MacBook Pro as I want to try with memory stick to make sure the rgb function is working 

@Jonathan >  As Pulse mentioned...
"In order to support RGB waveforms on the CDJ2000-NXS2, you will need to re-export your tracks using (at least) rekordbox 4.0.6..."  

And yes, you can use rekordbox with El Capitan.

Mark Gallo 0 voti

Is there any plans to make rgb available if you are just using recordbox app on the iPhone and importing tracks from music on the phone to the rekordbox app .... that way you can just sync your phone with iTunes on your Mac and do all the rekordbox prep on the move on you phone and get rgb waveforms from iPhone to Cdj. I'm surprised that is not available .... I spend more time on the move and organise playlists on my phone and think that the iPhone app should be sophisticated enough to offer this facility (especially considering how much the unit costs and all the programming that must go into the software and firmware across the board)    

would be nice to hear your response as my preferred method is using my iPhone instead of a memory stick that cannot be adjusted on the move without having your MacBook with u ...at least with the phone you have constant access to your tunes and can plan and arrange anywhere etc  rgb should therefore be included on the iPhone app 

Hi mark thanks for your reply and that is my point. I can choose rgb like you have shown in the picture BUT when I plug my iPhone into the Cdj the waveform on the Cdj is still blue and it will not allow you to change it to rgb. ( it lets you press the icon for rgb on the Cdj or in the iPhone app settings but the colour does not change it just stays blue)

This is what I was saying in my first question the app lets you change the colour but it does not work on the Cdj. The app will need some sort of update i guess. Please let me know your response as it could be a problem with my app or phone (although I do have a new iPhone 6 s plus)

look ok forward to your response

@Jonathan > Good question.  I will have to pass this one to the engineering team as I do not currently have the NXS2 available for testing.  I will reply here when I hear back from them.

Mark Gallo 0 voti

UPDATE:

@Jonathan > The engineering team has informed me that rekordbox mobile does not have the ability to send the detailed RGB waveform to the CDJ-2000NXS2.  The reason for this is that there is no export process when using the mobile app as there is in the Mac/Windows app.  There is simply not enough information being transferred from the app to the deck.

Mark Gallo 0 voti

Hi mark. Thanks for the reply. I have been using the iPhone app with my MacBook now and transferring music from my Mac to the phone and the rgb is working perfect. I gave it a try after our last messages...it's actually really easy and doesn't take up much time. (I've also tried it with memory sticks as a backup and the rgb is working perfect aswell).  

Id  always have to use my Mac to download my tunes so just put them in rekordbox then to iPhone instead of iTunes to iPhone. Just as simple but a lot more effective. Lovin the decks now and the software aswell.  Thanks for all your help

Mark just so you know the day after we spoke there was an iPhone app update for rekordbox that included the upgrade for exporting rekordbox from iPhone to Cdj however it stated that it was only with music imported from your Mac (Ir not from my music on the phone to rekordbox app) 

Mao I have it a try from my Mac to the phone and then to Cdj and the rgb function does work like I said in my last message. Again thanks for your help (ps and very happy the mobile app has now got this function so I can organise my sets on the move without needing to take out my Mac)