Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Midi mapped devices messes up CDJ or keyboard shortcuts to hot cues

i recorded a video of this being its so easy to reproduce it

I have TOUCHOSC on my iPad connected to my macbook and have hot cues mapped from the iPad to Rekordbox dj obviously

if i use the iPad for a while and then try and use the CDJ ABC hot cues they almost now act as if slip mode is on even though its not, the iPad works great but the CDJ and keyboard buttons 1,2,3 or 6,7,8 are all messed up, When I press them they activate that hot cue in the track and then jump to a totally different one afterwards, for example I press and hold A, it plays from A but when i let A go it jumps to hot cue C

in the video everything is going smooth until about 30 seconds in when i use the iPad and then go to use the CDJ, you can see on the CDJ i hot A and when i let go it jumps to C, its pretty obvious and happens all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xRLsWFCbjA

BriChi Con risposta

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

This seems to happen whenever multiple MIDI devices are connected and using the same signals.  Something similar happens when using the CDJ-2000nxs in HID mode with Serato and adding the SP-1.  I will start a ticket for this.  Thanks again, BugFinder! Err, I mean, BriChi!  :)

Mark Gallo 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

hahahaha

Mark just so you know this happens with only the iPad connected, not multiple devices. I have been able to reproduce this by using just the iPad and keyboard shortcuts

BriChi 0 voti

@BriChi > Thanks for the details.  I listed this as high priority and I can already see activity on the ticket (it gets translated into Japanese, then back to English) so I assume we should have an answer soon.

Mark Gallo 0 voti

@BriChi > The engineers are trying but are not able to reproduce this.  They want to know if you are using devices or versions OTHER than any the following:

■Devices used

・Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

・iPad(MK6K2J/A) iOS9.0(13A340)

・CDJ-2000NXS(ver1.25) x 2

・Wireless router: BUFFALO WZR-HP-AG300H

■Applications

・TouchOSC v1.9.7 (LAYOUT Jog-On)

・TouchOSC Bridge v1.3.1

・rekordbox dj 4.0.7

・rekordbox dj 4.0.8

Mark Gallo 0 voti

2 things are different updated below

■Devices used

・Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

・iPad(MK6K2J/A) iOS9.0(13A340)

・CDJ-2000NXS(ver1.25) x 2

Used adhoc on Macbook and connected iPad to it over wifi

■Applications

・TouchOSC v1.9.7  happens when you make your own layout

・TouchOSC Bridge v1.3.1

・rekordbox dj 4.0.7

・rekordbox dj 4.0.8

BriChi 0 voti

@Mark, I figured it out, the way the tutorial from a TouchOSC user showed how to map is wrong for Rekordbox DJ type hot cues

In the Touch editor i was making a "push button" as normal and making it a "note" as per an instruction video, this was what was messing it up, If i make that same button a "color change value" then it works fine

the "note" value is send 1 midi code on touch and a different on release so even when i released the button it was still sending midi commands, then if i press the CDJ cues it would be messed up because the iPad is still sending that command

you can mark this as solved, thank you

BriChi 0 voti