Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

2000NXS2 - FW update to use full search vs keyword search?

The NXS2's are impressive but the search is keyword search only, will they ever be able to do a full search in the future? 

Right now its good for a drive with maybe 1000 or so tracks but if i plug in a 30k track drive, keyword search kinda sucks if you type in something like "Laidback" for Luke tracks, it will list 100 of them, on Rekordbox you could simply type "love luke" and Show Me Love (Laidback luke) would appear, you cannot do this on the NXS2

BriChi

Commento ufficiale

Sorry BriChi, this is the first time I'm seeing this.  I agree that the current search method is not as intuitive as it is with rekordbox.  This may have something to do with the processing power of the unit but I will mention this to the product team to see if a full search could be added in a future update.  Sorry for the delayed response.  Thank you for your patience.

Mark Gallo
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

Brichi did you get them? That's actual one of the major improvements on the nxs2 and it works that way...?

Anastasio 0 voti

no, my local store got them in so i went to play and I'm not a fan and yes unfortunately thats how they work, same as the NXS1 search where its "keyword"

BriChi 0 voti

anything from Pioneer on this, some reviews even point out that the search should be more like Rekordbox, why limit it?

BriChi 0 voti

if these actually searched the way Rekordbox does, i would have probably purchased a pair already, but being i would still need my laptop to search fast, why bother

BriChi 0 voti

Also the filter tracks function does not work like rekordbox and I will suggest some changes if it's possible. For example if you filter by rating 1 star, you get results only the tracks who have 1 star, not all tracks from 1 star and above. Brichi I did bought a pair. I hope with for some changes at the firmware because they are really good players. Better than the nexus's when they came out.

Anastasio 0 voti

I guess they have no updates on this, its just the way it is. Was still debating them but no answer on this feature is putting me off, i use search a lot

BriChi 0 voti

thank you Mark, that would be awesome if they added a full out search vs keyword!

BriChi 0 voti