Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 follower Segui

Serato HID support for CDJ 2000 NXS2

Just bought a pair cdj 2000 nexus

and am thinking of returning them for the new ones... I run serato and am curious if there will be advanced HID support for the units

Nick Gio Mazzei

Commento ufficiale

There is no out-of-the-box support for Serato with the new CDJ-2000NXS2's, Pioneer is currently in negotiations with Serato regarding integration for the new products.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

16 commenti

I'm sure there will be just like they did for the 2000 and the 2000 nexus

are you using them just for serato? if so the NXS2 really have no advantage, hell, you could even use the original 2000's (Non nexus). 

BriChi 0 voti

I juz bought nxs2 set yesterday and surprised to see that HID mode not working with serato. Pioneer is promoting rekordbox dj only.

this is shit- firstly spend around 7,000 USD for nxs2 set n buy rekordbox dj for 130 USD..

Deepak Upadhyaya 1 voto

Just use Rekordbox, its free, why buy the NXS2 to simply control Serato or Rekordbox DJ, Seems like a waste of money when theres no real advantage of owning a NXS2 over the first 2000 if all you're doing is using it as a controller for serato

The decks are HID ready, serato needs to come out with an update to see the new decks, see if anyone has threads open over on seratos forum too

BriChi 0 voti

@Deepak > As @BriChi stated, the decks are capable of controlling Serato DJ, but it's up to Serato to support the decks.

Mark Gallo 0 voti

@Deepak > To address your comment about having to spend the $130 for rekordbox DJ...

rekordbox DJ is not required software to use your CDJs. rekordbox (the regular version of the software; export mode) is free and allows you to connect your CDJs via LINK to send music to the players, or you can manage your music and export it to a USB device for use with the CDJs without the computer. Again, the key is that the CDJs can be used WITHOUT rekordbox DJ.

Devices like the DDJ-R series of controllers are designed specifically for rekordbox DJ and are virtually useless without it, so they are bundled with a license for rekordbox DJ.

I'm sorry if it seems unfair, but this is the current pricing model for rekordbox DJ.

Pulse 0 voti

Thanks pulse for ur response, i am very much ok with rekordbox price i.e $130 however you can give license with nxs 2 either with cdj or djm.

i m ok with my serato, not confortable with LAN connection nor USB.. I found rekordbox dj impressive but u have a condition to buy first hence not supporting rekordbox dj.

Deepak Upadhyaya 0 voti

you could have used the 30 day free trial of rekordbox DJ, you didn't have to buy first. 

also, can i ask a question just out of curiosity because you're not the only one, Why buy NXS2 decks just to control serato? seems like such a waste of money vs buy-in a big controller or the cd-2000 at a much much cheaper price. I personally don't care how you spend your money, just curious why some people do this other then using it for serato while they branch out into Flash drives and/or rekordbox 

BriChi 0 voti

The reason for a lot persons like is because we need use video.... and since Rekordbox doesn't have this feature, we still need Serato....

Btw.. are they any plan to support video mixing?

Marco Yanez 1 voto

I too need to use Sereto for my shows and recently bought the NXS2s to use with my DDJ-SX2 controller and was extremely disappointed that HID wasn't supported. I used my controller with regular NXS that I borrowed and assumed that version would at least be able to do the same thing.

There are many prominent DJs that use this configuration CDJs with a controller/sereto and to bring version 2 of the NXS to market without the same basic abilities as version 1 is a huge hit to take after dropping that much money just to find out I can no work the way I'm accustom to. 

Firmware update, add on, something, PLEASE put HID support back for the NXS2. There will be news articles surfacing of major artists complaining about this. Returning their NXS2s for the regular NXS. I love Pioneer as a brand and company but coming to market without this was a mistake.

Will Evans 1 voto

The decks are HID ready. It's up to serato to program their software to the new deck

BriChi 0 voti

@Will > Neither Pioneer DJ nor Serato ever claimed at any time that the CDJ-2000NXS2 was supported by Serato DJ.  Hopefully it will come in the future but consumers need to do their due diligence when it comes to purchasing new products.  The CDJ-2000NXS2 is a ground-breaking multi-media performance player and was not engineered with the sole intention of controlling Serato DJ.  This is why we have designated Serato controllers in our product line. 

Mark Gallo 0 voti

Is clear that Pioneer never announce Serato support, but from customer point of view, would be very well appreciated that Pioneer make the necessary efforts to engage with Serato to get it supported.

Marco Yanez 1 voto

I'm not saying the NXS2 isn't awesome. I'm saying that it seems like lowing hanging fruit that if the previous model had a widely used feature, that the newer modal would include that as well.  As a loyal Pioneer supporter I believe in the quality of the brand.

This was a significant feature and not mentioning anywhere at any time that it won't be available upon launch and/or make an announcement that it will be continued or discontinued is a mistake.

Given the reputation of the Pioneer brand and their reltationship with Serato, was I really that wrong for assuming that the newest play could do as much as the previous player. Or at least expecting some formal announcement addressing this?

I will continue to use Pioneer, I love the brand, but I do feel let down this seems to have been undervalued to point where neither Pioneer or Serato anticipated this in any way and informed their customers.

Will Evans 0 voti

@Will > I understand your thought process but no product marketing campaign will ever tell you "Our product does not do...."  It is your job as a consumer to ask these questions.  We were asked this question (and many more) at the NAMM show in January and we always answered truthfully.  In a related note, Serato decided to support the original DJM-900nexus YEARS after it was released.  This was not Pioneer's decision.  This same technology exists in the new 900NXS2.  We are waiting, just as you are, for Serato to offer support for it.

Let me provide a bit of insight for you.  Serato provides their Serato DJ software to you for free.  So how do they make money?  Well, Serato gets a portion of the profit of every piece of compatible hardware sold that features their name.  For example, our entire DDJ-S_ lineup, DJM-900SRT, DJM-S9, etc.  They get a cut of every product sold.  They also offer support for the original DJM-900NXS but only after you purchase their Club Pack.  When they offered HID support for our CDJ and XDJ players, they made no money.  They likely did it because they knew that these were the most widely used DJ products in the world and they wanted DJs to use their software.  Since the DJM-900NXS2 is not a Serato licensed product, IF they do decide to support it, they will almost certainly require users to purchase their Club Pack.

I know how important this is to many customers but, unfortunately, we are all stuck in a waiting game.  I hope to see this resolved quickly.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I don't foresee any other constructive comments coming out of this thread so I am closing it.  If we receive any news or update, I will post it here and reopen the thread.  

Mark Gallo 0 voti