Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 follower Segui

Got mine Today DJM900NXS2 & CDJ2000NXS2

hi there,

I got my fresh new Nexus2 Setup today, thanks to Soundselection Ehlange/Luxembourg for that quick delivery.

Now testing them to heart :) 

Alex Sauber

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

12 commenti

nice! one downfall i have seen in a video i just watched if you can test is if a track has a lot of hot cues, lets say all 8 are filled, when you load a track you have to wait for each hot cue to individually load which could take up to 1 second per cue leaving you almost at 10 seconds before you can play a track waiting for your hot cues to auto load. 

Is this really how it is? Can you post a video maybe of you loading a track that needs to load 8 hot cues?

thanks!

BriChi 1 voto
Azioni per commenti Permalink

It's really not 1s per cue, it works relatively quickly -- but keep in mind, it's hardware-loading this data to the buffer and does take a moment to occur.

Pulse 0 voti

i figured with the power in the new decks they could be ready on load like they do in Rekordbox dj, I know its comparing apples to oranges but other companies do do this on their players.

and you're right, its not 1s per cue its like 2.5 seconds per, lol...

in this video at 26 minutes and 25 seconds in - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHARSfWz_3U

it takes the player almost 7 seconds to load 3 hot cues, the DJ got annoyed and moved on waiting for the track to load being he couldn't play the track yet, and thats only 3. 

BriChi 1 voto

and then whats weird in the same video, deck 2, at 36:25 the track ends, next track loads and the cues are immediately there, so loading the track via the scroll knob manually has to load each individual cue but if it automatically goes to the next track the cue load instantly

BriChi 0 voti

2 words: Thank-you

plus we don't know how shitty that guys flash drive could be :)

BriChi 0 voti

It looks like the players have som firmware bugs! :P In the video you can se the DJ just gives up waiting for the hot cue to load at 26:33 and you can see the screan on player two freez many times trough the session 26:54.

Pioneer have som firmware work to do. Remember my 2000 Nexus did the same on the release firmware. 

I hope that Pioneer continuous to suport the 2000 nexus and transfer some of the new functions in a firmware update! Fingers crossed :)

AnyID 0 voti

Also, can you "test" if there is a loop-drift "issue" like in the nexus 1? Cutting the 4 beat loop to 2,1 etc will get you offbeat in the nexus1, hope that's fixed in the new ones.

Anastasio 0 voti

hi tasos - i certainly hope the looping has been fixed and it would be great if this fix is then applied to the NXS1 model. we can't have been the only people to notice this issue.

i noticed this in the release notes for the NXS2, i wonder whether this is the fix?

• Improved beat grids: beat grids are now accurate to the microsecond, exactly matching the rekordbox beat grid for total reliability over the course of a mix.
Phil 0 voti

It might be. A simple test would be to have set a 4-2-1 beat loop in recordbox and to load it up in the players via a hot cue. Strangely then is no issue-drift in the nxs1 model.

Anastasio 0 voti