Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 follower Segui

CDJ 2000 Nexus loop click noise

I own a pair of CDJ 2000 Nexus since they were released. My problem is, that when I enter a manual loop (Quantize on, Master Tempo on), the first instance of the loop, very often comes with a clicking noise and doesn't run smoothly. The click occurs at the moment I press the "Loop Out button".
After the first instance, the loop is perfect. It's like the CDJ first doesn't know what's happening and then suddenly discovers it should be looping....
It only occurs on a manual loop, no matter if I push the loop buttons on or slightly off beat.
I'm using the latest firmware (1.24), and my mp3's are analyzed with the latest version of RB (3.3.0).
Sometimes I use the original 2000's and they don't have the issue. I hoped it would have been solved after so many firmware upgrades, but it's still there. Turning off Quantize or master tempo are a no go ! Please help.

Leon Hartog

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

35 commenti

I am experiencing the exact same issue as this - has anyone found a solution?

Lee Sandwith 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Same issue - any solution???

Somethign to do with Mixed in Key setting beatgrids???

MIke Fivey 0 voti

Can you please post a video illustrating this issue?  It will help us to determine what may be causing it.  Thank you.

Mark Gallo 0 voti

I didnt actually have the latest firmware so I updated it a few weeks back.

The problem seems to be fixed but Im sure it happened a few times over the weekend. I need to go and have another check to see if it was happening still.

Wll be in touch - do you have a direct email address? Going through the form on your website or trying to repnd to your help desk emails is very inefficient. 

MIke Fivey 0 voti

I'm the originator of this issue. Finally I can reply, using MS Edge. This forum is not very Chrome-friendly.

I do have the latest firmware.

I will setup a video recording session to show what is happening. Murphy will probably make it hard to reproduce the issue :-)

Leon Hartog 0 voti

HI,

I have been trying to recreate this but the video picks up the click of the button at the time it pops so doesn't pick up the pop.

It almost seems like the beatgrid is out..

How do I check my beatgrids are correct? Does mixed in key for example set a grid that could be a conflict?

MIke Fivey 0 voti

May be relevant but the beats seem to go slightly out of time sometimes when i am mixing and set a loop..

Seems beatgrids arent correct...

MIke Fivey 0 voti

Hello Mark Gallo ! This is Leon, the one who started this post.

I managed to make a video today in which I explained the issue.You can clearly hear the pops/clicks:

https://youtu.be/1hnI-KDfyLE

Leon Hartog 0 voti

Hi Leon, Great video and it shows the exact same problem I am having...

One thing I also notice is when I set a loop the beat mixing goes slightly off and needs a bit of adjusting with the jog wheel to get it back in sync. This tells me that the beat grids aren't set correctly.

Hopefully a fix soon as the loop function is very handy but totally unusable with this problem.

MIke Fivey 0 voti

Thanks, Mike. I do have the same second issue as you. It has to do with the first instance of the loop that is off. Maybe to much thinking for the CDJ with all of the features ON. I guess it has nothing to do with a correct or incorrect beat grid. 

Now let's hope it doesn't take Pioneer another 1 1/2 year to respond. I don't expect a fix because it's a old model now (but still on the rider of most of the DJ's). I can't believe that this has not been mentioned before.

My workaround is to switch Quantize off and select a loop from the touch strip. But that is still a workaround, and too many actions if you want to loop on-the-fly.....

Leon Hartog 0 voti

How are your CDJs set up Leon?

Mine are through a network switch directly into rekordbox. 

Does this happen on yours playing directly from a USB too?

Also I have always run my files through mixed in Key before importing to Rekordbox? Is this something you do?

Interesting to see if there is anything similar in our set up that could be causing it? 

These have been so extensively used by every DJ for years now it must be something to do with our setup or the way we are using them rather than a hardware issue?

MIke Fivey 0 voti

It occurs every way I use it: with USB, SD, or Linked with a switch+DJM 900NXS2+laptop. This video I used it stand-alone. Only an SD-card.

I don't use "Key".

Maybe there was an issue with the 1st batch of the NXSes. I bought mine as soon as they were released. How old are yours?

Most of the time I take my own Pio-set to my gigs, so I'm not in the opportunity to check it on other NXSes. Some venues have the 2000 'mk1', that don't have the issue. As soon as the opportunity to check other NXSes comes along, I'll run the test.

"These have been so extensively used by every DJ for years now"... Yes, that is why it surprises me no one has mentioned the issue before.

Leon Hartog 0 voti

By the way: MP3's are 320kbps, 44100 Hz, so nothing special here.

Leon Hartog 0 voti

Thanks for the video, Leon.  I will bring this to the attention of our engineers immediately.  I will relay any replies I receive.  Thank you.

Mark Gallo 0 voti

Appreciated, Mark. I hope to hear from you soon. If you need anything, like a copy of one of my MP3's, let me know.

Leon Hartog 0 voti

Can you please post up here once this is resolved.. Keen to get this fixed too :)

MIke Fivey 0 voti

Here's a video especially made for me, as a reaction on my Youtube post. Someone tried to reproduce my (and Mike's) loop issues. Although the sound is not recorded by line, but by mic, is shows the loops run smootly here.

https://youtu.be/mp0ap9v88n4

Mike, what is the manufacturing date of your CDJ's? Theres a sticker on the bottom of the units. Mine are from october 2012, the very first units to come out of the factory. Maybe there has been a revision soon after the release, and were the unlucky ones to have the early (faulty) units.

I found out the pops also occur when moving the REVERSE switch, and sometimes on Hot Cues in Slip mode, and pressing cue to shortly activate a 'sample'. This might indicate an internal component that can't handle a sudden sound transient and creates the pop.

Mark, can you please investigate if there ever has been a revision on the CDJ2000NXS ?

Leon Hartog 0 voti

Hi,,

Any update on this one yet please? Really frustrating at the moment until this gets resolved.

Mike

MIke Fivey 0 voti

Sorry, nothing yet.  Any information I receive will then be posted here.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Mark Gallo 0 voti

I've followed up with the engineering team.  They have successfully replicated the issue. However, they are still investigating the root cause so it will take some time before a fix will be released.  Thank you again for your continued patience.

Mark Gallo 0 voti

Thank you for the update. I really appreciate that Pioneer takes the time to resolve issues with discontinued products. But you probably know too that the CDJ 2000 NXS is still being used by many top DJ's all over the world.

Let's hope it will be fixed in an upcoming update of the firmware. 

Leon Hartog 0 voti

I have the same issue with XDJ 1000 mk2 players, mostly when MasterTempo is engaged. a bug fix in the next update would be really nice

john doe 0 voti

Hi,

Any update on this - it has been months now and I really need to use my CDJs out in the next week or so.

Thanks

Mike

MIke Fivey 0 voti

Exactly the same behavior on both of my CDJ2000-NXS2 players. 
Never had this before on my NXS1 players.

How many engineers are working at pioneer since they replicated this issue around June 6 and it is now 2 months later ... 

Roy Keij 0 voti

I just thought of a work around i'm always using for this.
Maybe this could bring the engineers on the right track.

The click noise only happens when you click the loop out button on the exact exit point of the 4 beat loop. 

I always press the loop out button between the third and final point of exit. 
Then the click (and sometimes out of sync problem) does not happen.

But still it is very annoying when you are working your ass of during a 4 deck mix. 

Roy Keij 0 voti

any update on this??? really unable to record a mix on my CDJs until this is resolved - it has ben months now...

MIke Fivey 0 voti