Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

I have several problems

1st Problem.

I reinstall my windows and lost all of my song in the my computer.

I do have flashdisk that has my playlist from the previous computer and use it to import music from Rekordbox to my computer. 

So i create a folder in my computer with the same name as my playlist on the flashdisk then i drag the song/Import the song from my playlist in the flashdisk to the computer folder.

The song inside the flashdisk has some hot cue and memory inside it. 

However, when i drag the song from the computer to Rekordbox, i lost all of my hot cue and memory.

Is there any way to fix this?

2nd Problem.

Currently im changing my track title inside Rekordbox. However, when i go to the folder where the song came from, the Track title doesnt change, sometimes, i even lost the track title.

Is there any ways to change the track title in Rekordbox then the music from the folder where the music is stored also change?

A. Firawz Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

1.  There is currently no way to fix this.  You should ALWAYS keep a backup of your files. 

2.  When you change track information in rekordbox, you are changing the ID3 tag of the file, not the filename.  The filename will remain the same.  If you change the file name, rekordbox will not be able locate the track and you will need to use the relocate function.

Mark Gallo
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

5 commenti

I've asked a lot of DJ's and most of them tag their music to what they want it to be, before dragging it into any sort of DJ software, Serato, Rekordbox, Traktor, etc...

That way, it is perfect before it enters these programs, who's primary focus is not necessarily to properly tag music... And, if you ever change programs, or use multiple programs, they will forever be linked perfectly

Marxman (AUS) 0 voti

is there any way to save hot cue in to the original music file?

for instance, im putting my song into collection and create hot cue and memory inside it. 

will it be saved to the original music file in folder? and if i backed up my collection and restore it up. will the hot cue and memory still exist? 

A. Firawz 0 voti

No, I'm pretty sure the hot cue is only saved as a small data function inside a folder that the rekordbox software recognises.  In no way can this be saved within the original file...

You'll notice when you have a blank USB and you put some files on there from rekordbox, then you make some hot cues on the fly, there will be a new folder called something like 'hot cues' or 'rekordbox data' (not actually sure...

Marxman (AUS) 0 voti

Rekordbox and Traktor both save cue info and beatgrids in their own database. Only Serato writes them into the MP3 file.  That's why it's important to have a backup of your database.

Christophe Platteeuw 0 voti