Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

CDJ-2000NXS2 waveform missing colors or showing wrong info

I noticed on a track i played last night that the bottom wave shows a drop in the song even though its a steady beat, the wave is the correct wave being most of it represents the track correctly so maybe its just info on the screen not showing up the way it should?

this happens in both RGB and blue, on a 2000NXS it looks fine as you can see in the pics i post belw

this is the Rekordbox waveform after a fresh import, where the needle currently is at there is no drop, it looks as it should

then you drop that track into a NXS2 and the bottom waveform looks like there is a drop in the track even though there is not as you can see in the zoomable wave

in blue

on a cdc-2000NXS

here is a copy of the track to test for the engineers

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1184069/THIS%20IS%20WHAT%20YOU%20CAME%20FOR%20%28XMIX%20EDIT%29%20-%20CALVIN%20HARRIS%20FEAT.%20RIHANNA.mp3 

BriChi

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

29 commenti

Not even close. Where the arrow is pointing is showing that Thera a drop out in the song with barely any beat year the song is still playing a strong beat at that point.

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

look at the rekordbox wave in pic 1 then the wave in pic 2, that portion of the song looks completely different. the waveform file is correct for the rest of the track but it seems parts of the tracks are missing color

look in pic 3 where its blue also, there is not change at all to the look of the zoomable wave yet the bottom wave shows theres a dropout in the track, they're not even close to each other in representing whats going on at that moment of the track,

BriChi 0 voti

I'm suggesting you take a look on the CDJ at the portion of the large waveform just a few bars back and compare it to that portion.

Pulse 0 voti

you can in that pic though Pulse, thats pretty much the whole beginning of the song

in this pic the top square and bottom are representing the same part of the song obviously yet the top wave doesn't change at all, steady beat, steady colors while the bottom is showing a dropout in the track almost as if theres no sound in the song and its building

BriChi 0 voti

i can video it later while playing the track or download the track and see what I'm talking about, i posted it above

BriChi 0 voti

when you have time,  download and listen to the first 20 seconds of the track, its a steady beat with cymbals being added at that point where the wave is showing a drop of the beat

BriChi 0 voti

Hey brichi!
I see what u saying. I down loaded the track too I got the same waveform as you from the 2000 nxs. I tried it with my xdj 700. That's strange why you can't get it with the cdj2000 nxs2

Steven V 0 voti

But that is a big difference in the waveform in drop. Maybe pulse don't have his glasses on. It happens when you up in age.( Kidding pulse)

Steven V 0 voti

So I guess you got a pair bri! Thought u was not going to get them? 

Steven V 0 voti

I got such a great deal on selling the NXS1 and a steal on the nxs2 i couldn't pass it up, lol

BriChi 0 voti

Yeah right. Lol we will leave it like that(code of the men). They are bad players all u need is a rane mp2015 or the djm 900 nxs2. And will be the man!  Hint hint. Lol

Steven V 0 voti

hahahaha, i would get the 900NXS2 tomorrow if 

1. I could get a good sell on my 900NXS

2. I know its an easy swap to get my rotary kit from the NXS1 to the NXS2, Im a rotary guy, 

BriChi 0 voti

Well I see u getting them soon. You like me we need to stop the itch. Am also a rotary and lollipop headphone guy. Am more a house head. My friend is also getting the nxs2 and 6 21" yorkville subs and more tops. Which to me he lost his dame mind. Lol beside that how the players?

Steven V 0 voti

I see me getting it too, lol

I love the players so far, a lot better then i expected to be honest. They just need to crush the AAC loading error i found in another thread and ill be happy, I found the cause, they need to find a fix

BriChi 0 voti

What u mean about AAC? I like to convert my tracks to AAC with crb. Don't see any issue with the xdj 700

Steven V 0 voti

Wow can't believe I read the bible under 10mins. Such a long story I see. But that's crazy how the AAC give issue. That's not good a lot of my friends that are djs and I work with on there gigs. Trust my judgement when it comes down to gear an how to analyze tracks   This concerns me a lot. Hope the fix it don't think it's pioneer gear. Think it's more on Apple and music pool. Think they need to work out the kinks them self

Steven V 0 voti

yeah, most likely when i converted them using iTunes and the compatibility with Rekordbox and all the fields, Hopefully they can narrow it down

BriChi 0 voti

From the engineers:

The overview waveform on CDJ-2000NXS2 is decimated to 600 dot which is originally in 12000 dot. Such decimation is processed at the position BriChi pointed out. If we change the position of data decimation, we will be able to show the correct position but it may negatively affect other tracks which have different data. Due to this reason, we cannot simply change the decimation position. We will consider this issue as a future subject.

So it sounds like it's simply how the waveform is "downsampled" or compressed for the display, it simply loses that data in the view.

Pulse 0 voti

gotcha, makes sense, I just figured since that seemed to be one of the few i have seen that on that maybe it was an issue with the analysis and possible a bug but what they are saying obviously makes sense

thanks for the update Pulse

BriChi 0 voti

This what happens when you buy a pair of cdj for $4500 a pair. Your being cheap brichi! Now if you would of go with the cdj tour 1 for $10,000 a pair you wouldn't have this problem. Stop being cheap man! 😁

Steven V 0 voti

hahahaha i know, i know, next time ill step my game up and go big

BriChi 0 voti

I read on a forum (can't remember which one) that one guys had the same issue as you. The way he fixed it was. He went out an bought a djm 900 nxs2 (without his wife knowing). And when he connected it the issue was gone he had no more problems. Hope that help brichi😀

Steven V 0 voti

i can't understand why de color is with a blur effect, can i change that?

Alonso Bug 0 voti

i don't know why they decided to do that in the NXS2 with the shadow being the waveform, i wish you could turn it off though, it would look better without the cloud behind it

BriChi 0 voti