Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

DJM900NXS2 Start/Stop midi clock

Hi guys,

I'm trying to start the midi clock from the DJM900NS2 as I did with the DJM900.

There's a way to do it?

Thanks!

jaycastelli Con risposta

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

9 commenti

Mark I am trying to understand the above from the User Manuel as it relates to using an app on an iPad???

In the app for the RMX i can get the clock to sync no problem however with any other app there seems to be an issue and unless by hitting start stop start stop and hitting it right on the mark....it will not sync like a Quantize Feature.

Are there any apps other than the RMX for iPad out there that can help with sync???

DJ Phil the Thrill 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Mark,

Something wrong I doing because I can't start my daw from my DJM900NSX2 when I link  it  in external midi.

I tryed to send the Start from Traktor and It works but with my DJM900NSX2, no.

I used a midi snifer and the mixer send midi messages but when I push (ON/OFF) nothing happend. Also I check the midi messages the mixer can send and I didn't find clear information.

In my DJM900NXS I remember first press the ON/OFF (yellow color) and then turn on the Daw with the START/STOP button. This it was on the midi section of the mixer on top right.

Do you know what im doing wrong?

Thank you so much.

jaycastelli 0 voti

@jay > The MIDI ON/OFF button simply starts and stops the DJM-900NXS2 from sending MIDI signals when you touch the controls. The ON/OFF button itself does not send a "start/stop" signal. Unfortunately there are no start/stop buttons on the DJM-900NXS2, you would have to configure another function (such as a CUE button) to act as that control. Remember, the mixer is always "audio first" meaning anything you do to a control on the mixer will affect the audio passing through that control.

Pulse 0 voti

And how do i configure another function (such as a CUE button) to act as that control ??

Mau Bacarreza 0 voti

Hey, just plug the USB to your computer and leard Midi from any button but remember that the audio will be the main subject and in second layer the midi button you add. Cheers !

jaycastelli 0 voti

and so i will send start/stop midi signal  ? 
and i will need a platform software to do this , is there a dedicated software for the 900 nexus 2 ?

Mau Bacarreza 0 voti

I mean I want to send this signal to a analog drum machine no to Traktor or Serato 

Mau Bacarreza 0 voti

Is no way to send midi Clock grid with your current set up. You Have two options: one is to buy a Toraiz SP16 or a DJS1000 and use the standard midi port, to clock other midi devices. Two is with software: Original Pioneer Soft Certificate: https://www.tc-supply.com/ or searching in GitHub about "Pro DJ Link" there, but this way is going to be with a laptop in the set up. Hope that has been useful for you. Also I invite you visit my site: https://www.jaycastelli.com  Cheers !

jaycastelli 0 voti