Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

DDj SR Serato Error message- Failed to connect audio

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help...
I have just updated my Mac to El Capitan 10.11.4.
I have also updated Serato to 1.9.0 and my controller has the latest firmware 1.08.
My Mac is 2.9Ghr Intel core i7. Its a few years old now and was running fine until this...
When I connect my controller I receive an error message - failed to connect audio. For a split second it activates then the error message comes up.
It was all working fine and has been for 2 years until I did the update, don't I regret that!
I plugged a friends Pioneer DDj SX into my laptop using a different cable and had the same problem, so its not the controller or the cable.

I have contacted Serato but am still waiting on their reply. I have contacted Apple and the had me do a couple of resets, but this hasn't worked.
I hope you can help as I use it for gigs.

Clayton

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

5 commenti

@Clayton > Have you heard back from Serato about what might be causing this issue?

Mark Gallo 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I tried rolling back to Serato 1.8.2 as suggested and it worked. So thank you!!

Clayton 0 voti

@Clayton > Thank you for reporting back.  This is interesting to me as I run the same setup as you and have no issues using Serato DJ 1.9.0 with El Cap 10.11.4.  I'm wondering if it could have been a USB power issue.  Let's try and figure this out.

You can keep using 1.8.2 as you can easily have multiple versions of Serato DJ installed one on Mac.  Here are instructions on how to do it.  Once you install 1.9.0 try using a different USB cable and a different USB port on your Mac to see if your SR will connect.  If it does, then we know the issue was USB related.  

Mark Gallo 0 voti

I have the same issue but with the ddj sr2 I did everything and still doesn’t work I have a 2018 MacBook Pro can someone please help me with this

David Kazama 0 voti