Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Rekordbox 4.1.2 hangs after install. Unusable.

Couple of days ago a thought it was time to upgrade from 3.3.0 to 4.

RB 4 installed fine but the app barely runs, just get (Not Responding) after previewing one track. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times but nothing changes. None of the tracks have preview wave forms either.

RB 3.3 works fine, it's just 4.1.2 which doesn't work.

Running W7 SP1, CPU-Phenom II X4 940, RAM-4GB, HDD-840 Evo SSD 256GB

Not sure what else I can do, any help would be appreciated.

DJ Phil Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

@DJ Phil > That would be due to the fact your AMD processor is not supported for rekordbox 4.x. Please note the system requirements state an Intel processor (mind the typo) is required: 

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

7 commenti

Thanks for the prompt reply Pulse, I now have a real reason to upgrade my hardware.

Is there a guide on how to move a library to another install? I've got 6 years of fine tuning beat grids and cue points to protect.

DJ Phil 0 voti

Followed the instructions no problem but have another serious problem.

I have a 5 day old Dell XPS 15, CPU-6700HQ, Ram-16GB, 512SSD, 4K screen.

Rekordbox runs terribly on it. After importing the database it warns me my files have been analysed on an older version of Rekordbox (3.3.0) but the option to analyse them in the right click menu is grayed out. I can't even select anything in the right click menu. The app crashes, won't re-open unless I restart my laptop.

What am I missing? I am seriously concerned as I have a gig this Sat but more so my collection possesses years of preparation. I will be devastated if it is lost and have to start again. I am confident the tracks and database on my portable drive is fine but Rekordbox won't run properly.

DJ Phil 0 voti

@Phil > Did you select all tracks before trying to analyse?

I'm not sure about the crash, but you do have a backup of the database, right? (And I mean in addition to the 3 in the system folder as automatic backups.)

Pulse 0 voti

I have a backup of the database and figured out I can open 3.3.0 on my desktop so I'm not in dire straits and this is not longer a problem.

But, no matter what I do 4.1.2 becomes unresponsive when it has to deal with my database, especially if I try to right click or select File-View-Track-Playlist, instant lockup forcing me to force close RB.

On its own it is fine, I can import hundreds of tracks, it analyses them, it works as expected but when it has to deal with my collection exported from 3.3.0 it breaks it.

Is this my problem, that I'm moving a database between RB3 and RB4?

DJ Phil 0 voti

No; the database should import and update to 4.1.2 no problem (likewise, I can read my 4.1.2 database with 3.x no problem).

I'm going to direct you to file a rekordbox support inquiry, they'll be able to diagnose and assist you further - you can link this post as reference for them.

Pulse 0 voti