Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 follower Segui

CPU Load peaks with DDJ RX

Firstly I have looked through the forums and have seen multiple users with similar issues and some going back nearly 6 months but yet to find an acceptable response from Pioneer about why these problems are happening or when this will be fixed.

I've recently purchased a DDJ-RX and straight away I've noticed that the CPU load is under more stress than the likes of Traktor (I moved from Traktor to Rekordbox DJ) 

I'm using a Mid 2014 MBP 2.8ghz i5 with 8GB RAM and 500GB SSD and OS is 10.11.5. 

All of my music is imported and analysed prior to DJing. I only use 320kbps from a record pool. When DJing simply turning the scroll knob to navigate down through a couple of tracks causes the CPU Load to spike dramatically to the point where a split second distortion can be heard through my master output. The software seems slow and sluggish with a notable lag in the time period from when moving the scroll knob through even 5-10 tracks until the display catches up.

I've checked the activity monitor and I'm seeing ranges from 80-90% on idle to 110%-150% load for simply navigating through 10 tracks in my collection on the CPU - Yes I know this is a dual core processor so 200% is max load. 

I've made sure all of the simple things are done to give the software as much processing power as possible. Wifi disabled, bluetooth disabled, only use the software after a fresh reboot, MB has power from a wall outlet etc etc.

Pioneer please update your customers on what is being done. This is my livelihood and after paying over €1000 for your product for the software to be causing these issues to the point where I'm 95% ready to switch back to Traktor which is far more stable really isn't acceptable. Rekordbox DJ isn't a beta software so there shouldn't be bugs like this. As I said I'm not the only one of your customers with this issue. 

Any update would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Rob O'Neill Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

@Rob > You didn't get a response over the weekend because all of the moderators are also working DJs, and we all had events. Sorry for the wait!

I'm going to direct you to file a rekordbox support request here - our rekordbox team will be happy to assist in troubleshooting the problem with you.

@Ian > I would appreciate if you could please keep your comments to yourself and not congest this topic with unnecessary posts so I can provide adequate support for @Rob. If you are having issues, please create a new post and we will assist you directly.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

14 commenti

I appreciate this probably isn't very helpful to you but the more info the devs have, the better... I have an RZ and a mid 2014 MBP... and while CPU load is higher than I get with Traktor/Serato I've never had audio dropouts/distortion... even when playing 3 or 4 FLACs at a time. I never bother to close running apps either.

tw332 0 voti

Also I've tried different latency settings from the default of 512 samples up to 2048 samples and haven't seen any improvements. 

Rob O'Neill 0 voti

I'm the same mate! Used Serato DJ for years with no dropouts, even with other programmes open. Rekordbox can barely run on it's own.

Ian Laverick 0 voti

@Rob > Does your MBP have a discrete graphics card? It could be that you need to switch from the standard (low-power) card to the higher performance card.

Pulse 0 voti

@Pulse My MBP only has the onboard graphics on the processor. No extra Nvidia or AMD card.

Rob O'Neill 0 voti

I have been dealing with similar issues for last 6 weeks - my RX controller looses functionality and buttons end up either not working or sending wrong signals. I have had controller to service tech and after check they are now saying its my computer, my music library being to big is causing delays.
I feel your frustration mate I also rely on my controller and it has been faulting badly during events and to go with that Pioneer has been of no help yet and painfully slow in replying.

Daniel Waugh 0 voti

I have had to buy another controller RB this week just so I can keep my regular gigs and hopefully no more issues.
Give us some advice and some help Please!!!

Daniel Waugh 0 voti

@Daniel - Pioneer will just blame you. It'll either be that your laptop isn't up to standard (even if it's a brand new 2016 macbook pro!) or you have too many songs etc

It's definitely not their fault... ever... like when they released the DDJ-SX and you couldn't use the microphone channel because it distorted but it was "designed that way"

Ian Laverick 0 voti

@Daniel I haven't even brought in my entire library in yet as I freshly installed rekordbox before entering the activation key for the performance pack. I've only got the last 6 months worth of tracks plus one or two small enough playlists of older tracks in so far! 

So frustrating - but glad to hear i'm still not the only one suffering from this product and the lack of customer support from Pioneer.

@Ian Have seen those kind of replys on several threads on here "Does your computer meet minimal requirements for Rekordbox DJ" seems to be Pioneers technical supports favorite response!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89m5oYOBNJ0

This is exactly the problem I am having. This customer says it was fixed in 4.1.1 but I'm on 4.1.2 and still experience this behavior.

I used it for 3 gigs last week and for all 3 it gave trouble! Went and got the DDJ SX2 mapping for Traktor and after a small bit of tinkering have gotten it working and had to switch to it during my 3rd gig of the weekend after getting fed up with the extremely poor performance of rekordbox dj! Traktor didn't miss a beat and far more stable on the CPU load side all while having a collection about 10 times larger than what I've got in Rekordbox DJ! 

This isn't a problem with my MBP- it is with the stability of rekordbox dj!

I've spoke with my local Official Pioneer supplier and they've said they've heard of the problem but haven't got any advice on how to fix it!

This post went up on Friday. It is now Tuesday and all Pioneer have asked is about the graphics card! 

If you would like to direct me how to make contact with a member of your technical team or how to log a support request please do so Pioneer. As it is your website is as about as stable as your software! Getting Error 500 codes back from several parts of your site! 

Rob O'Neill 0 voti

I have used Serato DJ with a really low USB Buffer setting for years, I play a lot of gigs where there are several hours of background music so during this time I leave it on Autoplay and usually reply to emails, do some work on our website etc and Serato was faultless. 

With Rekordbox my buffer is much much higher and god forbid I attempt to even open another programme on my computer, it pretty much grinds to a halt.

Pioneer's response... I shouldn't be on Safari and replying to emails at a gig! Hilarious!!

Ian Laverick 0 voti

@Ian Ya I've seen some responses from Pioneer on here along those lines! Really not professional at all. Would be much more productive of the employee to go find a solution to this problem instead of judging their employer's customers! 

Rob O'Neill 0 voti

This just gets better and better! The phone number for all technical request for Pioneer from customers in Ireland is 1 800 246103 which when you ring it doesn't exist?? 

Rob O'Neill 0 voti

@Rob - Have you checked your telephone meets the minimal technical requirements to contact Pioneer Support?

Ian Laverick 0 voti