Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

CDJ2000nxs2 - Recordbox button and accessing library through lan or USB

Hey,

A little bit confused here... Do i need to buy Recordbox DJ or can i use free Recordbox software to just access my whole library without using USB or SD cards? 

i do not want to controll my cdj in HID mode, all i want is just eliminate the need to export playlists every time and just have my entire library available on my CDJ's at all time through LAN or USB connection. 

I had no luck so far getting it to work with the free recordbox.

Thanks 

Adam 

Adam Rusinek Con risposta

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

10 commenti

yes, running the gear through ethernet to your laptop enables a "LINK" icon on the bottom left of Rekordbox, when you click it the 2 decks will show up at the bottom

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I literally just figured it out... I tried installi g recordbox on my second laptop . Soonest I hooked it all up, like you said link icon appeared. So I ended up reinstalling and deleting all app data on my first laptop. Now it works. It never used to appear... Glad it works. USB export was killing me lmao

Adam Rusinek 0 voti

I actually prefer syncing my USB drive all the time before a gig, the USB drives actually load the hot cues faster for some reason then Rekordbox in LINK mode to the laptop but the LINK mode works great so go have fun with it, they are great decks

BriChi 0 voti

Do you find usb export painfully slow ? A 2 GB playlist takes about an hour here...

Adam Rusinek 0 voti

i use USB 3 higher end drives that have very fast export speeds, i have a 950 track, 10gb playlist that exports in a few minutes. if you have a USB2 with slow write speeds then yes, it will be painfully slow

BriChi 0 voti

Woah seriously?! Alright well I'll be investing in usb 3.0 pendrive then. Thanks for your help! I'm coming from a denon 3500 cd deck and this pioneer just blows everything I ever tried away haha love it.

Adam Rusinek 0 voti

for the easiest hookup for you if you are putting a mixer like a 900 in the link, use 1 ethernet cable to go from 1 deck to another and then run a usb cable from 1 deck to your laptop and the LINK will appear also. I use a 900 mixer so the ethernet switch is required 

BriChi 0 voti

Really helpful thanks ! Yeah I only tried it with a hub connected to a laptop and it works. I will try usb as well. One more question. Is there a way to record my set in tbe recordbox while connected to the laptop or good old rca to line in is the only way ?

Adam Rusinek 0 voti

unfortunately no unless you use performance mode which you won't be doing

Rekordbox is more of just library management and LINK to act as an external drive source, all the audio routes through the players. 

you can however USB your mixer if you have one capable of doing so and using something like audacity to set the USB audio to be the main output to record

BriChi 0 voti