Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Master tempo bug - turns off 2 hours into sets

I have been getting a repeated bug since rekordbox 4.2.x

I submitted a ticket and technical support have not been able to recreate and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced.

For those who are not as familiar,  master tempo on allows you to change the tempo of a track without changing the pitch/key.  There's a button right above the pitch slider that turns this function on and off on CDJs and an "M" on rekordbox DJ software.

Anyways my master tempo feature ceases to function randomly 2-3 hours into my sets.  The pitch/key of the song changes with the tempo.   Pressing the physical "master tempo" button on the CDJ and the "M" in the software does not turn it on even when it is indicated as active.  Loading new songs has no effect.  As far as I can tell, the only way I can fix the problem is to shutdown rekordbox and restart.  

I am using:

MBP Retina with OSX 10.11.6, Rekordbox 4.2.4, CDJ NXS2 with firmware 1.5, DJM NXS2 and DJM NXS.  It has additionally happened when using the CDJs as my audio sources as well as the DJM 900 NXS and NXS2 as my audio sources.  

Chris Martin Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

For future reference, please don't post to the forums AND file a support inquiry, it only serves to confuse the issue as we try and resolve it from two different angles.

As I see you've got a ticket with our support team, and they're investigating, I'll close this post.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

4 commenti

Also I should add it has happened to 1 CDJ at times and at others both CDJs lose master tempo function.  

Chris Martin 0 voti

Yes, this has happened to me too, but I've only noticed it since 4.2.3. I've given up on filing support tickets and asking for help in the forums for things like this because nothing ever comes of it. Hopefully it gets fixed sometime in the future.

cpoynter 0 voti

cpoynter, thanks for verifying.  I for one do not consider it a "thing like this", it is a major problem that should be easily fixable. Loss of master tempo function ruins my sets.  

I would also like to point out that the CDJ NXS2 firmware version 1.5 is NOT backwards compatible with rekordbox DJ 4.1.x and it is impossible to downgrade CDJ firmware.  So I am stuck with DJing via my iPhone 1-2x every night while i restart Rekordbox.

Chris Martin 0 voti