Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

RGB firmware update

I'm still awaiting a firmware update to the CDJ 2000NXS2 which addresses the RGB waveform, and it is an issue as I've posted before to no avail.

When in [BLUE], the waveform displays correctly with beat markers aligned.
But in [RGB], the waveform is off making it impossible to set the grid correctly.

See below pics, same tracks and same time;

Shªun_N

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

26 commenti

Interesting. Does is affect playability (i.e. syncing functionality) or is it visual only?

lostnthesound 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I've not tried using sync.

I will try it and see. I'll also try the beat effect to see if they keep to the beat.

But to visually adjust the beatgrid is just not possible.

Shame really as the coloured waveform was one of the features
that sold this player to me :/

Shªun_N 0 voti

I hear ya. I guess I'm less concerned because I do all my beatgridding on the computer vs. the hardware. That said, this is certainly an issue for users like yourself who edit/adjust the beatgrid on the hardware that needs to be resolved–especially if it's affecting playback tracking when using sync. @Pulse @Mark or another Pioneer mod should chime in at some point with additional info.

lostnthesound 0 voti

OK, so having tested random tracks, this does affect playback.
It also affects the beat effects and looping on the decks.

The SYNC feature on these CDJs is beyond terrible. Really poor to say the least.

I'm glad I don't use it as every mix would get messed up.
I know my beat grids are spot on.

If I manually beat match, then hit sync, my tracks actually go out of sync and sound like someone falling down the stairs!
Even the phrase meter markers are off.

All tracks have been analysed and were played via Link & rekordbox.

Definitely a software issue - not all all my tracks can be the same, which by the way,
have a steady tempo of around 138bpm.

There is no change with the RGB waveform - the beat markers are still off-beat,
so I advise anyone to use the Blue waveform for beat gridding.

Shªun_N 1 voto

I just want to point out, for the sake of others who may be reading this, that this particular issue seems to be limited in the scenario where the user edits the beatgrid of the track directly on the CDJ hardware instead of the Rekordbox software.

When utilizing Rekordbox to edit the beatgrid, everything functions as intended on the CDJ whether or not the user uses the RGB or Blue waveform display. Sync/quantize/etc. all function flawlessly. Therefore, for the time being it would behoove those who have performances/gigs to beatgrid their music in Rekordbox, not the CDJ hardware.

With regards to the issue at hand, I'm sure @Pulse, @Mark and/or one of the other Mods will chime in with some feedback and/or suggestions. I'm unsure as to what could be causing this hardware issue and can't comment on possible workarounds since all of my gridding is done in the software.

Out of curiosity, does switching between between vinyl/CDJ mode when adjusting the beatgrid on the CDJ have any affect? For example, does it allow for more precise scrolling so you can fine-tune where you place the initial downbeat (red marker)?

lostnthesound 0 voti

I will try this out.
I'll also try using the software to beatgrid to see if that makes a difference.

I'll report back with my findings.

Shªun_N 0 voti

No change in either CD/Vinyl mode.

I used the software to beat grid a few tracks which were all spot on, in time with the metronome and also synced in the 2 player view.

Sent these tracks to the CDJs, hit sync = messed up.

So, maybe it's not a software issue after all, but possibly a hardware/firmware issue.

Shªun_N 0 voti

Thanks for being so quick/proactive about this. Too often people on this forum state a problem, receive advice, don't follow through and then complain about the same thing a week later. I digress.

The fact that you're still experiencing the same problem after using the software to beatgrid the tracks certainly seems to point to the hardware being the problem.

I have one more suggestion (don't kill me, lol). If you happen to have a free USB stick, try exporting those tracks to the USB and try the same thing again. If the USB stick works (i.e. tracks remain sync'd) then we can isolate the problem to an anomaly occurring using Link between the Laptop Rekordbox/CDJs (or possibly the software "writing" bad beatgrid data). If it doesn't work, then I believe we can safely say that it's a hardware problem.

lostnthesound 0 voti

So, exported to USB, played in CDJs but still goes out of sync.

I'm out of ideas 😕

I have noticed that some tracks will sync at the beginning of the track but when I try to sync the back of one track into the start of the incoming track it goes out of sync.
I also notice this with Looping and beat effects (roll for example).
Fine at the beginning & middle of the tracks, it just goes off course towards the ends of the tracks.
It can't be a problem with my music files as it occurs to random ones.

I think it could be either a hardware problem or simply the grid information is just not accurate enough.

Just to add; said tracks sync perfectly with Traktor and VDJ, and also within rekordbox itself (2 player view), from start to finish, making me believe it is actually the CDJs themselves.

Shªun_N 0 voti

I decided to make a few videos to demonstrate the issue;

View in order and read the captions please;

1# https://vimeo.com/190440055

2# https://vimeo.com/190440105

3# https://vimeo.com/190440117

4# https://vimeo.com/190440122

I even locked the tracks (beatgrid info, etc.)

Like I say, this is definitely a hardware/firmware issue.

Pulse, etc - I'd love some feedback on this please as it's doing my head in.
Not only does it not sync properly, but all the looping and effects are also affected.

Shªun_N 1 voto

I'll look into this and put together some information / ask more questions today to provide our engineers with as much detail as possible.

For reference, tagging us with @ doesn't notify us in any way. ;)

Pulse 0 voti

Thanks Pulse.

Please let me know how you get on - I await in anticipation.

Shªun_N 0 voti

Any update with this yet guys? News from the engineers at all?

Shªun_N 0 voti

@Shaun > Posted, waiting to hear. Thanks for your patience.

Pulse 0 voti

Pulse / Mark - have we any info from engineers please?
This issue was raised over 6 months ago.

Shªun_N 0 voti

Sorry for the delay.  I've given this ticket a bump in our system.  Any replies we receive will be posted here.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Mark Gallo 0 voti

Please try re-analysing the tracks using the current version of rekordbox and see if the problem persists.

Pulse 0 voti

It's been 2 weeks on our end, have you had a chance to re-analsye and test?

Pulse 0 voti

I've tried a few which do seem to work.

I have re-analyzed my whole collection so will test some more before confirming.

Shªun_N 0 voti

@Shaun > Just following up as it's been 2 weeks since the last post. Have you had a chance to verify with other tracks?

Pulse 0 voti

@Pulse
Although I'm still testing, the tracks I have already tried so far seem to be working OK.

Lets hope it's the case for every one hereafter!

Shªun_N 0 voti

Thanks, I'll mark the ticket with our engineers as solved then. Let us know if you notice any others not working properly.

Pulse 0 voti