Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

Accuracy of CDJ 2000 BPM display?

Hey there,

I’m just wondering if anyone knows the accuracy of the BPM readers on CDJ 2000’s? I have CDJ 2000NXS players and the bpm readers are pretty much 100% accurate. The reason I am asking is because I have a gig coming up on cdj 2000’s, however the set I am thinking of doing I don’t leave enough time to beat match some songs, which is why I’m wondering whether I can trust the tempo slider/bpm reader to tell me whether I am on the right bpm count? Does anyone have any advice on this? Can the bpm readers be trusted on the cdj 2000’s? (Similar to the accuracy of the Cdj 2000nxs?) any feedback would be great!

AylaDJ Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

If you have analysed the music within rekordbox, verified that the beat grid is accurate, and exported it to a USB drive for use on the player, it will be millisecond-accurate.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

10 commenti

Sorry, What do you mean by analysed? What must I do for a track to be analysed? I thought rekordbox did this automatically?

AylaDJ 0 voti

What he's asking are these just a bunch of files dropped on a USB or have they been imported into Rekordbox and then exported to USB with all the analysis data/beatgrids etc?

The reason why is that the BPM data using the Rekordbox method will be much more accurate than the other method. 

Based on the above, the accuracy of the BPM readouts is exactly the same on all 2000 models (and others) as they are all just reading the exact same data from the USB export. 

Phil 0 voti

Ok. Well yes they have all been through rekordbox and exported onto my USB using the sync function. So I guess I can assume that I’ll be able to load up a track on the 2000’s and quickly use the tempo fader to match the bpm of the track already playing and it should be correct. The reason I was worried about this was because I have played on older versions of pioneer cdjs and the bpms have been completely out even though I had analysed the tracks in rekordbox first. I guess this is just the case with older versions of Cdj’s. This has put my mind at ease now and I’m going to assume all shall be sweet.

AylaDJ 0 voti

You'll  need to beatmatch using your ears Ayla to make sure the tracks are in time. Just matching both displays to 120.5bpm does not mean they are at the same speed, in fact they are most likely not at the correct speed.

The CDJ only displays one decimal place - so one of your tracks could be 120.50bpm and the other 120.59bpm - so they will go out of time VERY quickly.

this may be the reason you've had issues on other decks, you CANNOT rely just on the bpm counters as there are other bpm values to consider that you can't see.

Phil 0 voti

Yes I know I need to beat match with my ears, and I can do so. It’s just on some ready-to-go sets I have, I don’t leave enough time to beat match because I usually mix on CDJ 2000NXS. All I wanted to know was whether the accuracy of the CDJ 2000 is similar (if not the same) to the CDJ 2000NXS. If not then I’ll need to re-arrange a few things on th set I was intending to play. You can definitely rely on CDJ 2000NXS bpm displays, I just wanted to know whether or not I could put the same sort of trust into the 2000’s, which means I can go ahead not making any changes to the set I plan on playing.

AylaDJ 0 voti

@pulse - ‘if you have analysed the music within rekordbox, verified the beat grid is accurate, exported it to a USB drive for use on the player, it will be millisecond accurate’ - basically I’m wondering whether the analysis part is done automatically when I import a playlist from iTunes. Is it just a case of syncing iTunes playlists into rekordbox then exporting them to a USB drive through the sync manager feature? Or, do I have to manually analyse the tunes in some other way? This is what I’m confused about. I need to know whether I’ve analysed my tunes properly or not anyway, because if I haven’t it’s something I would like to start doing.

If my CDJ 2000NXS players display 124bpm on a specific tune (for example), will the CDJ 2000’s display the same bpm for that same tune when I plug in my USB and load up the track? I.e. whatever bpm shows on the screen of my NXS players will read exactly the same as when I plug my usb into the 2000’s.

All of my tunes have been imported into rekordbox through iTunes and then exported onto my usb drive through the ‘sync manager’ feature within rekordbox.

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to get this right.

AylaDJ 0 voti

@Ayla > If you have rekordbox set to analyse tracks automatically on import (default), when you bring them over from iTunes, they'll get analysed. An easy way to figure it out is if there's a grid on the track when you load it to the player in rekordbox.

After you export that track, the beat grid goes with it - so yes, it would instantly and automatically have that information called up when loaded anywhere.

Pulse 0 voti

The strange part is that bpm reading is accurate when using cds and that source has nothing to do with RBX V now does it. AND you get a waveform, like a bonus thing *lol*

Martin db 0 voti