Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

ssd cdj 2000 nexus

salve, ho un ssd Kingston da 240gb formattato in fat 32 ma non funziona sul mio lettore cdj 2000 nexus, mentre su pc e rekordbox funziona. il case del ssd è 2.0 ed il cavetto è del tipo con doppia usb. 

Gianluca STRANO Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

I have a couple of different SSD units and they work just fine. Please ensure that the drive is formatted with only one partition set as "Master Boot Record" (MBR), does not have any security enabled (some drives have built-in encryption or security), and that it's receiving adequate power (if it has a "Y" cable, be sure to connect the second USB lead to a USB power supply).

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

9 commenti

Hi Pulse,

I've got a G-Drive Mobile SSD of 1TB, the small candybar model. 

The G-drive SSD is formatted in MS-DOS(FAT) with my MacBook Pro, and containes a couple of maps filled with about 10.000 tracks. Using it with my MacBook Pro and RB works flawless, but when I connect the G-drive SSD on to my CDJ-2000 Nexus USB port, I can't see anything more happening that the red USB led lighting up. Other USB sticks in MS-DOS(FAT) are played instantly by my CDJ-2000 Nexus players, without any RB USB exporting done.

Any idea what could be the issue?

Theo 0 voti

@Theo > Do you have more than 1 partition on it? Is it formatted to MBR (Master Boot Record)?

Pulse 0 voti

Hi Pulse,

New out of the box I formatted the SSD in MS-DOS(FAT), and as far as I can see with OSX Disc Utilities, the drive is one partition. (See attached screen captures)

Theo 0 voti

The fact that the system identifies that as "disk4s2" tells me there may be more than 1 partition... can you open the terminal and type diskutil list disk4 and copy/paste the output here?

Pulse 0 voti

I'm starting to get the idea that I've got a hidden G-Drive partition...

/dev/disk4 (external, physical):

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk4

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk4s1

2:       Microsoft Basic Data G-DRIVE 1TB             999.9 GB   disk4s2

Do you think it's most simple to command mergePartitions, instead of eraseDisk? Or is a full format probably better, because Part 1 is probably Mac OS Journaled, and Part 2 is FAT32.

Theo 0 voti

Aha - yes, and it seems the driver is also GUID not MBR.

I'd give it a full format, and be sure to select MBR.

Pulse 0 voti

Sometimes I feel so... Stupid. Probably I've been searching to deep, and thinking too complicated.

Thanks Pulse!

Ps. Feel free to cancel my related inquiry via Pioneer Support Desk.

Theo 0 voti