Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

CDJ acts like its on CDJ Job Mode when in Vinyl Jog Mode.. can't backspin

Hello, I have 2 CDJs in my studio.. never left the house.. right now one all of the sudden is acting like its on CDJ Jog Mode while it is in Vinyl Jog Mode.. when its playing I can not backspin.  When I hit stops it acts as it normally should and I can rewind..  It does not act like CDJ mode when stopped.. on CDJ mode you hear it kind of skipping the same beat..  On vinyl mode when its stopped it does not do that.   I tried to update the firmware and also reset the CDJs to the factory settings...  Thoughts?

John Bourke Con risposta

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

7 commenti

Is the jog reacting to any pressure movement -- like scratching? Does it respond if you press HARD?

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

If the song is playing in vinyl mode it acts like CDJ mode.. you can press on it and spin it back n forth and it will speed up or slow down the song.. but it does not stop the song like it should in vinyl mode.. it just nudges.   if the song is stopped in vinyl mode you can rewind and fast forward like normal in Jog mode.    It kinda seems like it might be software because the platter acts as it should when the song is stoped. 

John Bourke 0 voti

I just entered service mode on both of my CDJ2000NXS2 decks... everything tests fine except the one with the issue the "JOG TOUCH SW" does not light up when the platter is held. Would that correspond to the pressure switch you are referring to?

John Bourke 0 voti

Is there a place I can purchase a replacement? or a way to know which piece that is if I open it up to make sure everything looks okay? (I do some minor synth / computer repairs myself every once in awhile)

John Bourke 0 voti