Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Getting started out of the box problems

Just got a CDJ200 nexus, trying to get this to work out of the box and I'm having issues.The CD player works fine but when I insert a rekordbox usb stick and select a track I get the track to display but then get "now loading flashing"  and the  track never loads.

So I shut the unit down, re boot insert USB , select a track and  then I get " E- 8302 Cannot play track" then if I hit USB again  and  I go thru the jog wheel I get "media or file is collapsed or unavailable" the usb stick was formatted with Rekordbox 5.30 BTW

So i figured it may be a firmware issue?

In menu the firmware is listed as 1.02, I see the newest firmware is 1.84. So I formatted a usb stick for fat 32 ( I'm on a Mac) then dropped the zipped file for the  firmware update on to the stick. I reboot the unit ,hold the USB and exit buttons and I get the Connect USB message but when I insert the USB  nothing happens. 

Any help for a newbie?

Ralphie Dee

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

Did EXACTLY the same thing, the connect USB message remains on the screen.

Ralphie Dee 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

When you formatted the drive, did you specify that it should be MBR (Master Boot Record)?

Pulse 0 voti

I reformatted the usb disk to fat 32 Master Boot Record and unzipped the file and dragged onto the USB, same thing.

Ralphie Dee 0 voti

Did you use Safari to download the firmware file? If so, please use a different browser as Safari can corrupt the file.

Pulse 0 voti

I re formatted the usb disk on my pc, downloaded the firmware updates using Firefox, unzipped the folder and see 4 files inside. I copied those 4 files from my downloads folder to the USB stick unit just reads connect USB storage device into top USB slot.

Ralphie Dee 0 voti

This was corrected, It seems the stick I was using had issues. I reloaded a new stick with the firmware update and it worked. Thanks you can close this out. R

Ralphie Dee 0 voti