Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

sync problems

• Hi i  have a djm2000 nexus and djs1000 sampler and a cdj 2000nxs2
    was going to buy another cdj2000nxs2 but holding back untill i get this problem sorted out.

the main propblem is that the cdj is not in sync with any thing
    i can see it linked up and sync lights on the mixer but it will not master sync or channel sync. my sampler syncs up and says grid as well that works fine.
    i have changed cables updated the firmware. i can manual sync thats it
    one thing it does say on the cdj is djm2000 then it says empty ???

• sorry Thats not strickly true the cdj player will sync with the djs sampler and become the master but i can not make the djs become the master over the cdj i have done a factory reset on the cdj by pressing usb and disc eject on start up but that has not helped it is on ver 1.84 the mixer is on ver 3.21 and the sampler is on 1.11
    the cdj is no showing a 4 bar loop counter(phase meter) in any software rekordbox, virtual dj, usb or cd. the sampler comes in as a signal on the (phase meter) the cdj does not send a signal to the sampler on its own phase meter ?
    i think it might be a firmware problem and do you think i would be better off buying older cdj?

the cdj build date is july 2018 the sampler is october 2017 and the mixer is may 2015

• copy and pasted from support team as nobody has answered my question on there ?
    thanks regards Rob

ROB GREEN

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

4 commenti

@Rob > Sorry to hear about that, I see the ticket went in on Monday but not sure why the Europe team never picked it up -- let's see if we can get you sorted out here.

Okay, for starters, are you using the CDJs to play content on a USB drive exported from rekordbox? Or are you connecting them via USB cable to a computer as a controller?

Next, does the player assignment on the CDJ / DJS match the channel to which it's connected on the mixer?

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hi Thank you for getting back to me.

i have tried my set up with rekordbox on my computer, virtual dj pro infinaty, usb sticks but not down loaded from rekordbox as of yet, i know i wont get the wave form by just playing mp3 files by usb, but when im using rekordbox im not getting the phaze meter readouts at all on any set up so far from the cdj i am from the djs.

if i link them straight together the cdj and djs i can see the sampler working but not the cdj.

if i connect the mixer up as well i can see the sampler and the cdj lights saying link and sync in the mixer window and if i move the sampler pitch it moves the bpm on the mixer as it should in channel mode and master mode. now when i try the cdj it will not talk to each other even tho it says linked and synced.

all the channels work on the mixer and are set up on each device for the channls on the compter and on the units

just think the cdj is not giving out all its information even after a factory reset. i have tried new cables tried differnet ports on the mixer the only thing i have not done is clock back the firmware to a older version

kind regards Rob

ROB GREEN 0 voti

Hi Pulse,

does any of that make any sence or do you need a video or pictures etc thank Rob

ROB GREEN 0 voti

Sorry for the delay -- you say you've got music on the USB drives, but they weren't analysed by rekordbox; that's the problem. In order for the CDJs to perform any of the functions you're saying aren't working (sync / phrase meter / accurate looping), they require the music to have a beat grid, which is created by analysing your music within rekordbox then exporting it to the USB drive when used directly with the player. It has nothing to do with firmware or connections.

Pulse 0 voti