Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

CDJ 900 Error e 8302 when using USB

Hi all,

My Pioneer CDJ 900 decks have been throwing up the 'error e 8302' when playing tracks via USB drives. About one out of every 5 tracks stops during playback and this error is shown. This happens no matter if the USB is direct into the CDJ or being played via link. It's seemingly at random, no matter the file type (mp3, wav).

When loading up the track again (after turning the player off and on again) the track then plays all the way through without issue.

I have indeed checked for errors with the specific tracks whenever this error shows up (using MPval) but everything is present and correct with the files themselves. I really don't think this has anything to do with the tracks in question when you also consider that the players usually play the track all the way through after being rebooted.

Most of the time I use 64 GB Kingston Datatraveler SE9 G2 USB 3.0 drives, that have been formatted for use in FAT32. I have tested with two of the same drive and the issue persists. I have used standard Windows formatting tool and also 'HP USB Disk' tool to format but this has made no difference. I have also tested with Kingston Datatraveler 32 GB USB 2.0 drives and the issue also occurs, although much less frequently.

Both CDJs are running OS 4.32, my computer OS is Windows 10 fyi. There are no errors when loading the tracks to the USB drive in Rekordbox.

I have a feeling that the CDJs simply can't cope with the capacity of the USB drive / amount of tracks & playlists on the drive. This is a shame because although they aren't a brand new model the players cost a lot of money and I run everything through Rekordbox as recommended by Pioneer.

Please let me know if there's anything you can advise

Many thanks,

Cameron

C L

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

5 commenti

Just bumping this post.

Is it a possibility that the Kingston Datatraveler SE9 64 GB USB 3.0 drives are incompatible with the CDJ 900s?

Thank you

Cameron

C L 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I'm thinking that the drives are most likely the issue - while small, they're not exactly what I would consider "performance "drives.

Pulse 0 voti

Hey Pulse and thx for your reply!

I've tried to find a list of recommended 64 gb USB Drives for CDJ 900s but have not found one, can you perhaps suggest some performance 64 gb USB drives?

Many thanks :)

Cameron

C L 0 voti

The only two drives I can personally vouch for are the Corsair GTX and SanDisk Extreme Pro. While I haven't tested the 64GB varieties, the 128's are cheap and cavernous (now under $75USD).

You may also want to consider a Samsung T3 or T5 SSD; they're tiny and blisteringly fast.

Pulse 0 voti