Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Metadata missing , imported from iTunes. What am i doing wrong?

Hello,

i would like to know the exact steps how to make it possible to play my iTunes bought albums on my cdj 2000.

I Googled so much but no clear step guide or wrong info.

I have Windows computer.

I converted to wav. Made playlist in Rekordbox. Put usb in cdj , tracks are inthere but no metadata?

What am i missing? I looked at iTunes how to convert and on this forum.

I must have wrong settings in iTunes?

I tried to do AIFF as suggested inhere to another person but i do not have that option in my iTunes, only wav, not even mp3. 

Does anybody have a link with exact steps from settings in iTunes to convert in iTunes with metadata? 

The weird part is, years ago i have done this with no problem, when i insert a old usb i have tracks (from iTunes) plus metadata. But it shows m4a in folders ? See picture.

Optimal

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

7 commenti

I forgot, i have no albumart now. No image from the albums. Not in Rekordbox and not on cdj 

Optimal 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@RH > Did you export the songs from rekordbox? Because it looks like you're browsing the folders themselves.

Pulse 0 voti

This picture is from a old usb and that works perfect, also a iTunes album that i converted to wav, and made a playlist in Rekordbox. Years ago and on a old computer so perhaps other settings and older iTunes version.

I am showing a folder indeed because than you see the albumart and that m4a, i don’t understand why you see m4a inhere? As that is not supported extension?

The new Rekordbox playlists show no folder on the new usb. The tracks play but no album art. Since i have a lot albums with the same name i really want albumart because they have all another colour so i can see by colour fast what album nr i’m currently playing.

my plan was to reorganize everything but if i can’t get no albumart thats not a option. Besides that my new albums also have same name and different colour.

i don’t understand why i can’t get the metadata. Now i have read that wav can’t contain metadate is that correct? That makes me wonder how i did it with the old usb drives because i always use wav. Maybe i converted my to mp3 back then?

Long story short, what i want is convert my iTunes purcharged albums in iTunes to wav with album art so i can make playlist in Rekordbox and have albumart shown on my cdjs.

Thats all. 

Optimal 0 voti

What am i missing here? What am i doing wrong? This was always easy. Now a year later on other computer, new iTunes installaties and Rekordbox it seems to be a problem? I don’t understand 

Optimal 0 voti

And like i said btw, i also see no album art in Rekordbox. With the old playlists on another old laptop i do. Unfortunally that are only a few albums because it was from my old iTunes account. When i started a new company i started using a new iTunes account also for VAT 

Optimal 0 voti

You still aren't clear on whether you exported the music FROM rekordbox to the USB drive.

Pulse 0 voti