Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Ben Haigh

My cdj nxs2 has just developed this exact problem tonight.. (major distortion when master tempo is switched on) i am stupidly anal with my cdjs, smoke free home, decksavers, switched off in sequence after every use etc etc. firmware is up to date.. pretty disappointed considering they are £2000 each... resolution please pioneer!

Ben Haigh Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

Great - thanks for that info. This is something that our engineers are currently investigating, but the occurrences are rare, so replication is proving difficult. I'll direct you to subscribe to this topic where it has a linked ticket, so any updates will be made there as soon as we have more details to post.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

7 commenti

There is a major distortion issue when the master tempo button is enabled on deck b, deck a has no issues what so ever.. firmware is up to date etc. Distortion goes when master tempo is turned off

Ben Haigh 0 voti

Our team is investigating, but any additional information you can provide with regards to what the source content was, how long you had been using the CDJ before it occurred, etc., would be helpful.

Pulse 0 voti

In regards to music, I tried with numerous different sound files, some paid for, some from a friend etc and the sound was still consistent right through. It just came from no where and was only affecting the right channel speaker. After eliminating each potential issue, such as leads, speaker it self, mixer.. I just randomly pressed the master tempo button on deck b and it stopped, when master tempo was re-enabled, the distortion came back. It was only until I turned the cdj off and back on did the problem stop. I have had the cdjs around a year now, bought brand new from bopdj. They have never been gigged, and have spent there time in my studio covered up most of the time when not in use. In the year that I’ve had them last night was the first time this problem occurred.

Ben Haigh 0 voti

Thanks - but that's not exactly the information I was looking for...

- how long were you playing before the issue first occurred?

- were you playing from a USB drive in that machine or was the source linked?

- what was the filetype playing when the issue was first noticed?

- was the audio output connection digital or analog?

Pulse 0 voti

My apologies, I was playing for roughly an hour and a half, connected to my Mac through the pro dj link and the file type at the time was a wav file, connection was through digital coax from cdj to djm900nxs2

Ben Haigh 0 voti