Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Could not read settings on CDJ-2000NXS2. Firmware?

Hi, I recently played in a club with two CDJ-2000NXS2. They couldn't read the settings off my USB. My XDJ-700 at home can read the setting without any issues, but the CDJs had the "LOAD" button greyed out when I clicked on "MENU". The playlists where there and I could read the USB, but I couldn't access my settings so I had to use the standard settings during the gig.

Could this be because the firmware on the CDJs might have been too old? It's scary to know this might happen if the clubs haven't updated their firmware. Or is there some other reason why this happened?

Karl Johansson

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

4 commenti

What's the make / model of the USB drive you're using?

Do you happen to know which version firmware those units had?

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@Karl > That's a nice drive to carry around, unfortunately it's not exactly performance-oriented, with poor real-world read/write speeds, especially for 4K clusters. It should still be able to load, but don't expect much from it. Just make sure it's formatted FAT32 with Master Boot Record (MBR).

Pulse 0 voti

Hmm you might be right. I have noticed it's extremely slow, not just transfer speed but reading the cue points as well. I will invest in a better drive. I was thinking either Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Pro. Is it possible to read the Pro (solid state flash) on the older non nexus CDJ-2000 players as well?

Karl Johansson 0 voti