Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

CDJ 2000 NXS2 Link problem

Hello!

I have a problem, I want to connect 4 CDJ 2000 NXS2 and 1 DJM 900 NXS2 with d-link to my computer, so I have the connection option (Pro Dj Link), but my pc recognize only first cdj, all 4 are like cdj1 cdj2 mixer cdj3 cdj4, but other 3 except first show red light on jog. I dont know where is the problem on recordbox or connection...?

Thank you for help

Izak Glavica

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

14 commenti

@Izak > I'd suspect that the issue is with the D-LINK you're using to network them. If it's a router, sometimes the data between units can be blocked if any kind of traffic management or filtering is enabled. The best hardware to use is a network switch.

To troubleshoot this, connect a single CDJ directly to the computer - if it appears, the unit and cable are fine. If not, then there are other issues to consider.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I tried to power on first cdj2 and mixer then other cdjs and pc recognized cdj2. If i would turn on cdj3 first then pc will recognize cdj3 only,what could be wrong?

Izak Glavica 0 voti

Did you try doing this all through your router, or directly to the computer, one at a time?

Have you assigned unique player numbers to each unit in the UTILITY menu of the CDJ?

Pulse -1 voti

Yes i did everything and i dont know what is the problem? My friend sent me pictures how he did and i will try his way, if maybe i did something wrong, and if it still wont work i will reply here

Izak Glavica 0 voti

Okay, but you didn't tell me if each deck worked when connected directly to the computer. If the problem is only when they are connected via the router, then the router is the issue.

Pulse 0 voti

I connected all 4 cdjs and mixer on dlink (switch), then i connected that switch to another switch so i can have internet connection, cuz my pc has only one plug for internet

Izak Glavica 0 voti

Troubleshoot it first by doing them one at a time direct to the computer.

Pulse 0 voti

Connect ONE CDJ directly to your computer. Test that each one is functioning and appearing as a player linked in the rekordbox display. This will verify that the players are able to connect.

Pulse 0 voti

Aha ok sure, so if i understand without any switch directly cdj to computer one by one

Izak Glavica 0 voti

I know whats the problem now, i plugged all cdjs and mixer to one switch like it should be, but from this switch i plugged to another one and thats why recordbox didnt recognize all 4 but only 1 cdj. So if i plug first switch directly to pc then it works, but i am without internet and recordbox cant recognize all 4 cdjs. So that means that i must buy laptop.

Izak Glavica 0 voti

Izak, so when you are NOT connected to your internet, the networking is functional, correct?

Pulse 0 voti

Yes i can use Link Mode except recordbox mode, because i need internet that recordbox will find mixer and all 4 cdjs

Izak Glavica 0 voti

When you say "Rekordbox Mode" do you mean "Export Mode" or "Performance Mode." The "internet" and your ethernet connection for your CDJs are two completely separate things.

lostnthesound 0 voti