Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

E-8309 Link Access Error with CDJ-2000 NXS2

Here's my info first:

• CDJ-2000 NXS2 (2x, brand new) with latest firmware @ 1.8.4
  • MacBook Pro (2016, 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7) with latest macOS @ 10.14.4 (Mojave)
  • Rekordbox with latest version 5.5.0
  • Downloaded and installed "USB CONNECTION (LINK Export) DRIVER FOR MAC EL CAPITAN OR LATER" and then rebooted
  • Firewall is disabled (FileVault is on though)
  • All sharing options are disabled

I basically want to connect both CDJs to my laptop via USB seperatly and use Rekordbox as a source via the Export mode. Steps I've taken:

• I connect a CDJ via USB
  • Connect the USB via an adapter to my MacBook (because my MacBook only has the USB-C connections)
  • Press the link button on the CDJ and select USB midi option
  • In Rekordbox the link button appears after a few seconds
  • When I click the button, I get the E-8309 error, but see my CDJ as a deck in Rekordbox. I only can't load any track to it.

What I've tried:

• Using a different track
  • Steps taken with both CDJs
  • Two different USB adapters, one being the official Apple one
  • Using a network cable and an ethernet adapter (official Apple) to connect to my MacBook

Everything yielded the same results. So it must be something with my MacBook then? Seeing that both USB and ethernet connections are throwing the same error. How can I solve this?

Greg

Commento ufficiale

Yeah, you had an NFSD (file server) service running which was interrupting the traffic. It may restart if you have a background service or process which calls / loads it.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

2 commenti

Ok, I managed to get it working doing this:

Run "sudo nfsd stop" in your terminal and restart Rekordbox.

What does that service do and is there a permanent solution? This sounds like a workaround, I assume?

Greg 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink