Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

How to connect laptop to CDJs using Rekordbox

I am looking to connect my MacBook to the CDJ’s / DJM and wondering what is the best way to do it. I am hoping to be able to use my laptop as a visual reference and also to be able to preview tracks (from the laptop, by clicking in the wavelength) before loading them on to the CDJ. I’m fairly new to DJ’n and find it easier to browse playlists / find tracks than on CDJ’s which has fairly small screens.

The equipment is: CDJ 2000NXS2 and DJM 900NXS2.

Jamie Brannan

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

2 commenti

You can connect your laptop to the same network switch that has the CDJs and DJM connected, and then open Rekordbox and click LINK in the bottom panel. Then you can browse tracks on your laptop and load them onto the CDJs. You should also be able to preview tracks through the DJM.

Erik Minekus 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

After reading your question I should say that you don't own a NXS2 set, but you are intending to use them somewhere, with your existing laptop.

A NXS set is normally linked with network cables on to a simple and small network switch, just like your PC is connected on to a router or switch. Next to this the NXS set can also be linked with USB cables, on to a USB hub.

When using Rekordbox as DJ software you mainly choose for the network option, so you need a network connection in your laptop. Connect this with a network patch cable on to the NXS network switch. Once connected you push the REKORDBOX button on both CDJ's, and follow the instructions.

When using Serato for example, you use the USB option, so you need a USB connection in your laptop. Connect this with a USB patch cable on to the NXS USB hub. Once conected you push the LINK button on both CDJ's, and follow the instructions.

I want to advise you to watch some Pioneer Nexus Setup tutorials on YouTube. Combined with some "Starting with Rekordbox" turoials. It's not that hard once you've seen it. And the software will do everything you expect it to do.

Theo 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink