Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Error 83-02 - CDJ 900s

Hey guys,

So i have an issue with my CDJ900s. I have exported some music onto a USB from Rekordbox DJ and plugged it into my CDJ900s. It allows me to search the tracks whether they are in Playlists I've created or the nominated folders. However when i select the track I want to play, it comes up with a E 83-02 Error and doesnt allow me to play any tracks. These USBs work perfectly fine on other Pioneer products, (XDJ RX2, CDJ2000s)

How can I fix this issue? 

Nicholas Sarpa

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

4 commenti

There is a possibility the music files are not exported correctly. Does the E8302 happen with all tracks? Do those same tracks play on other devices? What is the filetype of those songs?

Connect the USB device to the computer and check if the problematic tracks can be loaded in rekordbox.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

hi, i had the exact same issue at a gig recently, only thing i could pin it on was that the tracks that wouldnt play were all 24-bit wav files, tracks that would play were 16-bit wav files, all tracks were purchased on bandcamp, all tracks play fine through rekordbox software, was just when i exported them to usb and tried to play on a set of cdj 900's the issue occurred.

These were first gen cdj 900 (not the nexus versions), is there an issue with older cdjs playing 24-bit wav files? 

brian cairns 0 voti

@brian > I've previously been in touch with one of the support leads at Bandcamp with regards to this issue, and I managed to figure out why their files wouldn't play on the CDJ, even if it fell within the supported spec range:

It would seem that Bandcamp artists are possibly producing their content using advanced WAV encoding for surround-sound or “enhanced multichannel audio.” This is cool for applications that can use that data, and those that can’t, likely ignore it. Changing bytes 20-21 (wFormatTag) of the file to a value of 01 00 (a decimal value of 1; meaning PCM). The CDJ looks at that format tag to determine if it can be played or not – and if it’s not PCM, it says “NOPE!”

So you can either hex-edit your track, or cross-code it.

Pulse 0 voti

Thanks for the reply Pulse, so if i convert these bandcamp wav files to PCM they should play on the CDJ's

brian cairns 0 voti