Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

CDJ TOUR 1, Faulty brand new out of the box. Failed to update to latest firmware.

Hi,

Very disappointed, bought the whole set of the TOUR 1 including 2 x CDJ TOUR 1 and DJM TOUR 1.

I have a problem with the one of the cdj TOUR 1. It is a 2018 build and has firmware version Ver.1.54. When I try to update the firmware to Ver.1.56 I get a error on the touch screen and the update freezes and I get a message on the cdj screen, "Communication Error Reboot player. I reboot and everything works on the cdj and touch screen but won't update to the latest firmware. I have tried twice with different formatted fat32 USB sticks with the same error.

The DJM TOUR1 updated no problem and the other CDJ TOUR1 updated fine that cdj was a 2016 build with a much lower firmware version and it updated to Ver.1.56.

With the problem that I have with this one cdj  that doesn't want to update to the latest firmware new out of the box. Is this a hardware fault on the CDJTOUR1?

OneZillionTons Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

Sorry to hear that, it certainly does sound like a hardware fault -- I'd recommend returning it to your dealer for an exchange as the most expedient fix.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

8 commenti

I returned the faulty CDJTOUR1  back to the store of purchase. Another brand new CDJTOUR1 was opened and tried to update the firmware at the store and that also failed. The seller at the store continued to open a further one more CDJTOUR1 and that also failed with the firmware update. So all three brand new CDJTOUR1 2018 builds fails to update to the latest firmware update of Ver.1.56.

I still have the CDJTOUR1 2018 build with me, as the shop, where I bought it assured me that they would contact the rep at pioneer and it will be fixed.

Can you tell me when will this issue of the firmware be fixed? and how will it need to be fixed?  

If I don't get a answer soon, I will have to get a full refund for 2 x CDJTOUR1 and DJMTOUR1.

OneZillionTons 0 voti

There are plenty of CDJ-TOUR1's out there which have been updated without that error, so it's unusual that there would be 3 units at the same retailer, all of which had the same issue.

Can you tell me if you tried updating them all using the same USB drive(s)? Because that could certainly be the source of the problem.

Pulse 0 voti

When I was at the shop we tried different USB sticks on each CDJTOUR1 with the same problem. I have done everything correctly. Clearly there is something wrong with your CDJTOUR1 2018 build units that have been sent to Australia. The DJMTOUR1 and the other CDJTOUR1 2016 build and countless of other products updated off the same USB stick without a problem.

I need to know what the fix is? As I only purchased it last week. 

Looks like a terrible product with very bad quality control. I'm losing my patience as it's costing me money and I want a new unit as you mentioned in the first post that it was a hardware fault. The pioneer rep here in Australia has sent a email to Japan and I haven't received a answer for a few days now.

If I don't get a new replacement by the end of this week, that works for future firmware updates, then I want a total refund and won't be buying any more products from pioneer DJ again!

OneZillionTons 0 voti

Not to sound like a jerk, but that's not exactly a reasonable request given how our distribution chain works, and the fact you're asking on our forums, where I don't have access to request units be transferred. Your retailer or Pioneer Australia would be the best ones to ask -- but even then, there's no guarantee that it wouldn't have the same problem you're experiencing because it's not like it's labeled "This unit may or may not update."

I'm more shocked than you are that not one but THREE separate CDJs are experiencing the same issue.

I hope you don't need a return or refund, and I will also escalate this issue to our TOUR1 product team in hopes they can shed some light on the issue.

Thanks for your patience.

Pulse 0 voti

Our TOUR1 product team is looking into why this might be happening and will hopefully get back to me within a day or two.

Pulse 0 voti

The brand new cdjtour1 was sent for repair. I spoke to the repairer. He saids that if he can't hard write the new firmware through the backdoor of the cdjtour1, then a new board is required, if it still can be fixed? I haven't heard from him anymore so a new board is probably required, as they were mass reproduced in Malaysia with a fault that wasn't detected. It will be at least 2 weeks before I receive the repaired cdj tour1 and that if it is still reparable? If it is repaired can I trust the repaired cdjtour1? I was told that they haven't got anymore brand new working cdjtour1 units to exchange me from Japan and I have to get a faulty repaired one. Now this is not brand new, any more and it's the flag ship of pioneer Dj gear worth a ridiculous amount of money. How about giving me a discount for the trouble that it has caused me. The cdjtour1 is now classed as a second hand repaired product!

OneZillionTons 0 voti

I understand that our engineers and reps from PDJ Australia have spoken with you and the retailer / repair shop you're dealing with to try and address the issue in person. Rather than play middle-man on this issue, I will direct you to continue to speak with them.

Pulse 0 voti