Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

Issue switching USB sticks in LINK Mode

Hi, I DJ with a USB stick in LINK mode in Deck 1, I have to do a change over and so the next DJ put his USB in Deck 2 and hit USB so he could see his USB Stick and not the LINK info from mine, he manages to mix in to my track from his USB on Deck 2 but when I hit USB Stop on Deck 1 to eject my USB both decks stop and the music cut from his USB on Deck 2. How can I eject my USB on Deck 1 safely while he plays his USB on Deck 2, do I have to Unlink somehow before I eject ? Does he have to link his USB to Deck 1 first ? 

Thanks

Chris 

Chris Matheson

Commento ufficiale

Sorry, this does sound like a case of user-error; please verify that the players are numbered correctly as you expect and that you are stopping / ejecting the USB drive for a deck that is not playing.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

6 commenti

If the drives are correctly formatted, and the firmware is the same on both decks, then when he comes in you should be able to hit eject on your drive without effecting his music.  What model CDJs are you using?

Jay 0 voti

Hey, thanks for the response - it was the CDJ 2000 Nexus. I did notice that when I pressed the USB Stop button the volume would get lower, I guess as a warning that playback would stop, but I didn't think it would stop the USB on deck 2 if I was pressing it on deck 1, which it did. The drives were both formatted and working using rekordbox, the firmware is the updated and the same on both decks. 

Chris Matheson 0 voti

It was as if because deck 1 was still linked to deck 2 when I hit USB stop on deck 1 both decks stopped, even though deck 2 was using the USB and not the link. Maybe I have to unlink before I stop Deck 1 ? 

Chris Matheson 0 voti

Both decks should not stop, I do this maneuver on a weekly basis and the players never behaves like this. Has this happened only once? Then my guess is that the DJ that took over by accident played his / hers first song from your stick.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 voti

It was def not from my stick as I don’t have the song he played

Chris Matheson 0 voti