Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Segui

Link Monitor not available on Wifi?

I can drag a 50MB track to the CDJ over Wifi in 2 seconds, but can't preview a track via Link Monitor. RB v5.8

Wifi has moved on.

Feature request please.

Diesel Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

Sorry, the priority would be to not potentially interrupt the data stream to the CDJs, which is why it's not enabled on wireless.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

12 commenti

Disagree. The pioneer CDJs 2000 NXS2 and DJM NXS2 900 are sadly all 100Base-T and not Gigabit Ethernet. You enable the function when hard wired, but won't with a 802.11ac connection to an AP and then down to the Pioneers via Ethernet. 

In this scenario the 100Base-T connection is the bottle neck so why not support an incoming protocol with superior bandwidth?

Sorry, I'm a software dev and network architect (and DJ :-) ) and I really would like you to raise with product management quoting this thread.

Thanks for responding so promptly.

Andy

Diesel 1 voto

You're welcome to raise whatever you want, but our engineers decided on disabling this functionality for a reason, even if it's different from what I've outlined above, and it's not likely to change with the current generation of hardware. Sorry!

Pulse 0 voti

NXS2 high end kit is going to be the staple for most clubs for the next 2-3 years. Your response feels a little disingenuous for someone that has invested £7K in top CDJs and DJM. 

I realise you are just the messenger but what is the best way I can truly escalate this and receive a response from Engineering or PM.

Kr

Andy

Diesel 1 voto

I understand your interest in having this function, but I'm not just the messenger. As a support agent of 20 years and rekordbox planner, my answer on behalf of the engineers and product managers can be taken as equivalent to them saying it here.

Pulse 0 voti

Sure, I appreciate that. As a software dev and network architect, I haven't had a proper "technical response" as to why this is not possible. Your response seems more emotional than technical.

I'm in your business and I'd implore you to be a little more customer focused for someone that has invested £7K in your solution.

Please advise me on how I can escalate, either within your support org, product org, or eng. org.

Kr

Andy

Diesel 1 voto

This comment I found particularly dismissive..

even if it's different from what I've outlined above, and it's not likely to change with the current generation of hardware. Sorry!

Diesel 0 voti