Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

DJM 450 instable on Mac OS X Big Sur (11.5)

Hi,

Recently the USB connection to my DJM 450 started to become unstable on my MacBook Pro 2019.

After reinstalling the drivers and utility tool, it is working again... for a while. And then no longer.

It is becoming cumbersome and would like to know whether I am the only one resp. what can I do to improve its stability?

USB slots on the computer are working fine. The utility displays the device but Mac is not able to access it (in the preferences). Or I see it in the preferences but the tool (Traktor or Audacity) is not able to access it.

Regards and have an enjoyable day,

christian

ribose

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

3 commenti

Addendum: today Apple published an OS update: 11.5.1. I installed it. And the drivers/utility tool on top of it. Will perform further testing in coming days. I do not expect any miracle though. I think some work has to be performed on Pioneer side.

But for now: OS and Traktor were able to see and to use the sound card. Audacity was NOT able to use it. This used to work seamless.

Greetings,

christian

ribose 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hi here,

A bit quiet, no? I am no longer able to properly use DJM 450 on my Mac. Why should I do?

Thanks,

christian 

ribose 0 voti

Christian,

Sorry about that - you should uninstall and reinstall the drivers following the instructions here:

1. Unplug the USB from the DJM-450.
  2. Go to your Applications and open the Utilities folder, launch the Terminal app
  3. Type (or copy/paste) the following command: 
    sudo kextcache --clear-staging
  4. You will need to enter your Mac user password (or just hit enter if you don't have a password); it will not show any characters onscreen as you type, press return when you are done and the process will run.
  5. Download the driver if you don't still have the driver package.
  6. Open the driver package and run the uninstaller file.
  7. Reboot your computer.
  8. Open the driver package and run the driver installation file.
  9. BEFORE the installation has completed, give the drivers permission; this may not have appeared previously, but as the kext (driver extension) cache has been cleared, the security prompt should now appear - click the button to allow the drivers through the security.
  10. Connect the DJM and test it out.
Pulse 0 voti