Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

DJM S11 Driver problem /issue in Serato / VAC Uflows Lags in OBS record or stream. Win10

Hardware: Pioneer DJM S11 Mixer
Software : Win10 (Windows10 64bit)
Serato DJ pro Ver. 2.5.6
Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) 4.65.0

I have the following problem, when I use the Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) via Serato DJ ("Make audio available to other applications"), I get interruptions, scratching, dropouts in the VAC output. The cause seems to be the interaction of the Pioneer S11 mixer driver and Serato DJ software. After connecting Serato to the VAC cable and then playing any sounds in "Windows Desktop" e.g. by MediaPlayer or Youtube or simply moving the volume in Windows Audio, leads to continuous UFlows in the VAC cable. If you then want to stream in OBS or simply record something, the result with the uFlows is unusable.
The only option to avoid these uFlows is to completely disable the S11 device in the Windows Sound menu. I have tried the process on 2 different computers, the result was the same.
In my observations, I noticed that when another VAC render client connects to Cabel and plays desktop sounds, no uFlows are caused in VAC. So I think SERATO or DJM-S11 driver or both are to blame. I may be wrong, but I hope for a solution from Serato or Pioneer.  

Here in the video you can see the reproduction of the error.
https://youtu.be/uPxHSbqIgq4 

Any idea to resolve this without disable DJM driver?

Ted Marcin

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

When i Using the DJM-s11, as the usb card of my macbook pro (2018-6 core-16Gb) loses the audio connection many times...

I have to turn off the mixer or unplug the usb cable, so that the usb connection is restored and play the computer audio again, where more fails to play music from youtube, but it also gives me the same problem when I use it as an audio card for Ableton.

I already had this problem in Mojave, I upgraded to Big Sur and I still have the same problem ...I've had quite a few audio cards(Rane, Native instruments, Focusrite, etc)  and mixers with built-in audio card and only the DJM-S11 gives me these kinds of problems ...

They should provide a solution now!

@ the Pioneer Support........I've been complaining here in the forum about this problem for almost a year!

loomy 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I am clear that the problem is in a driver failure ... or firmware ...
I'm still waiting for an update, but it just didn't come!
If I don't solve this problem, I'll switch to Rane

:(

loomy 0 voti

in windows u can use LatencyMon, sometimes with disabled DJM-11 Device i Interrupt too, u can see in my photo the DJM-S11 driver made this ..

Interrupts sometimes come after1 Min, sometimes after 40min.. 

Ted Marcin 0 voti

@Ted > I tried replicating this yesterday but was unable to -- can you tell me if you have the same latency problems when NOT using the virtual audio cable?

Pulse 0 voti

@PineerDJ , if i disable DJM Sound Device and play without or with VAC, then i get only few interrupts 1-10/h, i can hear them directly very short then plays sound without problem next, see  my last post.

But if enable DJM-Sound device is result same as in YT video, and u hear interrupts in VAC cable OUTPUT only !
DJM output is OK, sometimes i can hear very short lag.
Notice: in Output of VAC after Interrupt is TEMPO/Beat changes quick to default BPM and quckly again to BPM of settings BPM

Ted Marcin 0 voti

Here's one of the problems... when you use the DJM as the audio device for Windows, it's using the WDM drivers instead of the much lower latency ASIO drivers... and if you have BOTH the ASIO and WDM in use at the same time (to play from YouTube, for example), you're going to create massive problems.

The Serato VAC is WDM only, so already you're mixing low/high latency audio devices. It's not ideal, but it's built-in and works, but there are work-arounds such as Voicemeeter Banana and an ASIO-based virtual audio cable for streaming using an S11 and OBS.

Pulse 0 voti

I think the most important info is, after beginning interrupts in VAC (https://youtu.be/uPxHSbqIgq4  ) ,the interrupts exist on VAC OUTPUT only!.  DJM-S11 and Serato output ist O.K , sometimes I can hear very very short lag.

Ted Marcin 0 voti