Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

My Tags not displaying in correct order in Rekordbox 6

Hi,

In Rekordbox 6 the order in which My Tags are displayed in the My Tag column is incorrect, or at least is certainly different from Rekordbox 5.

In Rekordbox 5 the My Tags would appear in the same order as in the My Tag side window. This was really useful as it allowed you to use have a system like below, where I use a tag for popularity rating, the year a track came out, the genre and related and sub genres, and other things like where I found the track. This would allow me to see things at a glance and see the info on a song really quickly when DJing, as you can see below:

In Rekordbox 6 the My Tags seem to appear in the chronological order in which they were tagged. This means the playlist above might now look like the following, which is obviously a lot more messy and hard to locate information in, especially in big playlists:

Is it meant to be like this or is there a bug on my version of Rekordbox 6? I'm using version 6.0.2 and Windows 10, Asus laptop.

If this is an intentional change, please give us the option to order the My Tags to correspond to the order we set in the My Tag side window. I've had a look in settings and there isn't an option to do this now (correct me if I'm wrong).

There have got to be quite a few people who rely on/find it useful having their tags being ordered, especially considering it had been like that for years in Rekordbox 5. I know there is a work around, ie, to tag every song chronologically in the order of where you want to see My Tags, but realistically this would really slow down workflow and be unworkable, as if you wanted to add one My Tag to an already tagged up song you might have to unselect 5+ My Tags and reselect them all again. It would make tagging a track quickly when you are DJing impossible if you were trying to do this.

Hope this is enough information, I'm enjoying Rekordbox 6 otherwise so far, really liking the 3 band eq waveform.

Many thanks,

Ben

Ben H

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

7 commenti

Looks like it's having troubles handling the unicode you have for those symbols in the tag field. Is it like that since the migration from 5 > 6, or does it do that with the same track imported to rb6 directly?

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hi Pulse,

Thanks for the response. It has been like that since the migration from 5 to 6, and the same problem occurs with both tracks that were migrated and also tracks that are newly imported into Rekordbox 6. I made copies of a few tracks that were migrated and imported the copies into Rekordbox, and the same thing was happening with the tagging.

NB, the problem occurs whether I tag them with unicode tags of not, see below. (Of course, this doesn't rule out unicode affecting it.) Do you know if this is happening with other people? Is the this new default ordering system for Rekordbox 6 or is it supposed to order like it did in Rekordbox 5?

Many thanks,

Ben

Ben H 0 voti

You're the first I've seen with non-plain-text in the tags. Can you copy/paste a few of the tags to the forum? I'd like to try and see if it happens on my end as well, and if so, send it to the engineers for review.

Pulse 0 voti

Hi Pulse,

I downloaded and installed a fresh version of Rekordbox 6 on a second laptop with a completely empty library bar the two demo tracks and samples that come with it and tagged the demo tracks with some of the default tags, and the same thing was happening:

This suggests that ordering by chronological order is the default way the My Tags are ordered on all versions of Rekordbox 6 (unless anyone is not getting this?!).

If we could have an option to have My Tags ordered the same way as in the side window like it was in Rekordbox 5 (or just have it that way by default) that would be awesome.

I doubt this is anything to do with the unicode now but here are a few of my tags which had unicode characters in:

●●●●●

●●✪

●●

●✪

20 ▉

19 ▉

Cheers,

Ben

Ben H 0 voti

Hi Pulse,

Just wondering if there was any update about this?

Cheers

Ben H 0 voti

I was able to replicate the ordering issue, but also did have problems with the unicode. ;) I've passed this to our engineers to see if they can take a look.

Pulse 0 voti