Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

was just about to hit buy on a new DDJ800

however, have just seen that fully featured Rekordbox software is only available by subscription. haha. Having features of a potential new piece of expensive hardware locked behind a subscription doesn't sit well with me. 

My questions at this point are; As a potential new user, is it an option for me to use Rekordbox 5 instead of 6? Or are all new users being forced to adopted what sounds like a complete buggy mess?

What exactly are the RMX effects? Can they still be purchased for a tenner, or is £15 a month with RB 6 the only option?

Or am I better off and sticking with Traktor?

Trevor Bowen

Commento ufficiale

Hey Trevor,

You can use rekordbox 5 or 6, there's a license for 5 in the box, and 6 unlocks when you connect the DDJ. Nobody's being forced to update, it's entirely user's choice.

The main difference in the FX are these:

The only option is subscription for those, but you also gain access to the additional Creative features.

Are you better off with Traktor? Not with the DDJ-800, the software won't have full use of the hardware.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

5 commenti

Potential buyer as well.

1. Does the bundled ver.5 license that comes with the DDJ-800 come with DVS?

2. Since the DDJ-800 is a "Hardware Unlock Device" does that mean I can hook up two analog turntables to the phone inputs and use the Rekordbox software functionality for effects, etc. on the turntable audio with DVS?  Or would I still need to purchase an additional DVS license for that?

R S 0 voti

The DDJ-800 does not come with a DVS license, and does not unlock DVS on rekordbox 6. You need to buy a subscription for that.

Hardware Unlock means you can use that device to control Rekordbox in Performance mode, without buying a subscription. Some devices also unlock DVS, see https://rekordbox.com/nl/support/link/.

Erik Minekus 0 voti

So definitely a licence for rekordbox 5 in the box? Just about to hit that buy button. Think I am sold on the Pioneer ecosystem.

Trevor Bowen 0 voti

By default there is a Rekordbox 5 license with the DDJ-800. 

Ves 0 voti