Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

CDJ 2000 Nexus aggregator not working

Hi. So I am trying to connect my CDJ 2000 Nexus 1's to my Macbook Pro (Mojave) in order to be able to use Traktor with my CDJ's and DJM as a controller. Laptop and CDJ's are not connecting at all. From a bit of research I think I need to create an aggregate device. Although, when I do this according to instructions, I get a pop up box saying 'error, check your connection(s)

Have tried going through my powered hub and also direct into Macbook but no luck. I am sure it is a setting somewhere, probably in the Macbook or CDJ's, but I have no idea what to do. 

Please can anyone help me get my CDJ's connected to my laptop again! Thanks in advance

Neil Smith

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

13 commenti

Hey Neil,

Let's star with the basics... What's the DJM, and can you / are you planning on using it as the audio interface for Traktor?

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hey Pulse
Thanks for the reply!
I am using a DJM 900 Nexus (1).
But surely before connecting to Traktor or any DJ software I need my Macbook and CDJ's to recognise each other?

Neil Smith 0 voti

Neil,

Certainly - but no drivers are required for the HID / MIDI communication, and as you would be better using the DJM as the audio interface, no need to create an aggregate (audio) device with the CDJs.

Simply open Traktor, select LINK on the players, select the deck you're connecting the individual players on their screen, then away you go. Let us know if you need additional detail, but running the Hardware Wizard in Traktor is a good start.

Pulse 0 voti

Okay, thanks a million!! Just to rewind a little bit, I assume i will need to adjust the settings in the Pioneer DJM popup; any suggestions on best to use?
Also, are you suggesting I no longer need to use the USB hub as everything w I understand be running through the mixer? So would hypothetically just be connected by RCA? The mixer would be the only USB? Sorry, I am confusing myself also. Apologies!!

Neil Smith 0 voti

No need to connect the CDJs via RCA unless you want to use the players themselves to playback from a CD or USB drive. You will need to connect them via USB to the computer for the control, so yeah, you'd need a hub.

Which DJM popup are you referring to?

Pulse 0 voti

Okay, I follow. Sorry, I meant the Pioneer settings utility. I do use USB for gigs and playing at home, and have always primarily used Traktor for recording.
By the way, I just tried the above, but still unable to see the CDJ's. When I hit link on each CDJ, the screen is blank.

Neil Smith 0 voti

Hi there. Just following up here. Still the same story, when Link is pushed the screen remains blank with no option of connectivity to anything or deck selection. Just a blank white screen. A while ago, someone I know did a factory reset on the CDJ's - would this have an adverse affect on them? 

Neil Smith 0 voti

Which version of Traktor and what firmware version on the CDJ?

Pulse 0 voti

I just tested - Traktor (v3.3.0) with a CDJ-2000nexus (FW 1.43) and I was able to connect after running the setup wizard:

Pulse 0 voti

Hi, okay. I managed to get a few shots also. 

Have attached to a link as was having issues resizing. 

https://we.tl/t-35tGpFgkjx

The CDJ's just don't seem to want to connect. By process of elimination, I went through the following:

• So I am able to run the DJM with Traktor and all functionality working.
  • Mojave OS appears to be fine.
  • The powered USB hub is working fine.
  • The CDJ's work fine in 'normal' mode e.g. via RCA and are linking to each other fine.
  • The USB cables are brand new Oyaide and I have also tried different USB Cables also in case my new ones were dodgy. 

The way I see it, (and I am quite possibly wrong) is that it is either CDJ's or Macbook that is causing the problem. I don't think mixer or Traktor, as the laptop and CDJ's still need to communicate with each other right fundamentally? 

Sorry for all the hassle. I am hoping it is something stupid that I have missed!! 

Thanks again, Neil.  

Neil Smith 0 voti

Hi, apologies for the delayed reply. I am running 10.14.6

Neil Smith 0 voti