Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

CDJ-3000 firmware 1.05 not updating

Hi,

Has anyone been able to update their CDJ-3000 with the latest firmware? I can't get past the "insert USB" screen. Followed the instructions exactly, tried 3 different USB sticks, all the same outcome.

Current firmware is 1.03.

Thanks.

alan dale Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

Troubles updating firmware are usually because the drive isn't Master Boot Record (MBR), so the unit can't read the drive for the firmware update mode. I'm glad to hear you were able to update and things are working better now.

As an answer to a question that wasn't really asked, sometimes a firmware version number is skipped because it went through internal testing and was changed with another update before the release. Don't worry if not every single number is issued. ;)

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

10 commenti

Hi Alan,

I see no link for new Firmware? Was hoping for new firmware to see if it sorted any of the little niggles I have like cues not always loading and such.

Greig Gaskill 0 voti

It can be found here. Nothing major, just improvements to the waveforms when zoomed in. Though it's jumped from 1.03 to 1.05 so not sure what would have been in 1.04. These are minor patches so I wouldn't expect many bug fixes.

I noticed the waveforms look incredibly pixelated when fully zoomed in, hence why I was interested in this update.

The firmware/software links are located in the support pages for the product.

alan dale 0 voti

Thanks Alan,

I'll give it a try now and let you know if I have the same issue as you.

Greig Gaskill 0 voti

The update worked fine. I used one of my already prepped USB sticks and just dropped the update into the root of it.

Greig Gaskill 0 voti

Thanks Grieg, I've just managed to update mine with another USB stick. Not sure what the difference was but there clearly is an issue with some types of USB sticks. 

Waveforms are definitely a lot smoother now. Strange this hasn't really been highlighted too much!

alan dale 0 voti

Thanks Pulse, makes perfect sense regarding the versioning also.

Just out of interest, how do I ensure that a USB is setup as Master Boot Record (MBR)? 

alan dale 0 voti