Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

9 follower Segui

CDJ 3000 | E-8302 Error when Loading Track

Hi All,

Receiving error E-8302 Cannot Play Track (3000) on the CDJ 3000 when trying to load different tracks. 

The tracks play fine on the CDJ 2000NXS2 players but am getting this error only the 3000s. 

CDJ Firmware: 1.05

Rekorbox Version: 6.1.1

Cy

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

30 commenti

I had this with MP3 tracks which played on the XDJ-1000MK1 without issue. It turned out that the files had stream errors. After fixing them the CDJ-3000 played them perfectly.

What file type are you trying to play?

In case of MP3, you may try to check them. I am using mp3val under Windows. It can fix the files.

The older player may have been a bit more 'robust' with corrupted files.... just my thoughts. 

Frank Richter 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Thanks for the response! 

Trying to play 320kbps MP3 files. I deleted my Rekorbox collection, am re-analyzing all files, and syncing on a new USB. Hopefully that resolves the issue, if not I'll try MP3val. 

Noticed this is also happening on a friend's external hard drive as well. The same file on his HD works but not on my USB. However tracks that do not play on his HD play on mine :/

Thinking there might be some DB corruption so ideally resetting everything will solve but still don't understand why everything was working fine on the 2000NXS2 and XDJ1000MK2s 

Cy 0 voti

As said, I was stumbling over this right after I unboxed the CDJ-3000 and pluging in my USB from the XDJs. When using mp3val I realized that I had a good number of tracks with such errors. Not sure what cause it. I didn't realized it as all players I was using were playing these files. After fixing these files with mp3val and exporting them to the USB again, it worked. I didn't cleaned the library in rekordbox. Would be way too much work for me.

Frank Richter 0 voti

Ended up repairing any MP3s that had issues and still getting the same result.

I linked the 2000NXS2 to the 3000 and loaded the problematic tracks via LINK on the 3000 and it worked fine.

However plugging in the USB to the 3000 gives me the E-8302 Cannot Play Track (3000) error :(

Cy 0 voti

What USB are you using? Is it a pen drive or a HDD / SSD? I am wondering your USB may not work correctly with the 1A Power outlet of the CDJ.

Are all your tracks not loading or just some? Did you made sure the corrected tracks made it to the USB? Did you deleted the tracks from the stick before syncing it again after you did the repair?

Sounds really strange...

Frank Richter 0 voti

I'm using this Sandisk pen drive

Just some of my tracks aren't loading - the only pattern I've noticed is that it tends to be older tracks. 

I corrected the tracks that displayed errors with http://triq.net/mac/mp3-scan-repair this tool and re-uploaded / re-formatted the entire USB

Yeah I'm stumped on this one. It's bizzare that they play on the 2000NXS2, XDJ1000MK2s, but not the 3000s. 

Appreciate your help on this!

Cy 0 voti

What happens if I insert the USB into the CDJ-3000 and load it into the CDJ-2000NXS2 via LINK?

tomo 0 voti

I'm getting this error when I insert the USB into the 3000 and load the 2000 via LINK.

Don't receive an error when I insert the USB into the 2000 and load the 3000 via LINK

Cy 0 voti

Can you please try using a different USB drive? That one seems awfully inexpensive for that capacity.

Pulse 0 voti

Tried a friend's HD - same issue.

Seagate FreeAgent goflex HD

Some of the tracks show this error on the 3000 but not on the 2000

Cy 0 voti

I played at the club yesterday, got the same error message with some tracks. Are MP3 44100kHz used to play on CDJ2000, CDJ2000NXS, CDJ2000NXS2, XDJ-R2 and XDJ-XZ. Never had troubled with loading tracks. Using Samsung portable SSD T3.

Other USB stick works well until now. This seems to be a software defect in the CDJ3000 software. My first impression not backward compatible with Rekordbox version but now I see the same issues reported here with rekordbox version 6.1.1. Is there a newer software with a fix available (current CDJ firmware v1.05)

djpeter 0 voti

Opened up an inquiry ticket 

Sounds like the same problem on my end

CDJ2000NXS, CDJ2000NXS2, XDJ-1000MK2 all load and play the tracks

Cy 0 voti

Yes . I opened an inquiry ticket myself. Keep you updated. I sent support the problem tracks and now they ask for library structure on the external file system. Fingers crossed to have an update soon.

djpeter 0 voti

I have the exact same problem on my CDJ-3000, some files just wont open. Getting E-8302, media file missing or collapsed. Works fine on the 2000NXS2 and XDJ-XZ. Definitley software related.Tried several USB:s sticks. The common thing is that the files tend to be a little bit older. Need an update ASAP.

Fredrik Hedlund 0 voti

same issue here tracks play on CDJ2000NXS2 but not on CDJ3000

pavel Demchenko 0 voti

@Fredrik and @pavel > Please send one or two of the files to forums@pioneerdj.com and reference topic 900001471123 in the subject, we can inspect the files to see why they aren't playing.

Thanks.

Pulse 0 voti

Today I found myself a work around, it seems that the issue happens when tracks whose artist names are the same , but different upper/lower cases. Therefore I renamed artist names to upper cases in RB and exported the tracks to USB again. This will do the job. Hopefully Pioneer will fix this defect in their next firmware version.

djpeter 1 voto

@djpeter > Is that the same song but with different metadata? (It would appear as two different sources in your collection.)

Pulse 0 voti

@pulse > Yes. these are the same song with different metadata. So what I want to show here that the Artist must be uppercases in this example. In the 2nd screenshot the work around is implemented as per description. This file was not working until I changed the artist rename and re-synced my USB. It helped Pioneer engineering by executing this test, but they seems not very responsive anymore.

djpeter 0 voti

@djpeter > Interesting, I'll have to pass this to our engineers to dig deeper. Thanks for the info.

Pulse 0 voti

I tried that for my tracks and it didn't seem to work.

Had some that were Deadmau5 and others that were deadmau5. Haven't heard anything else from the engineers either. 

Cy 0 voti

@Pulse @djpeter I can confirm this behavior. I had multiple tracks with this issue. After I changed the artist Name to all upper case letters the tracks loaded normally. Definitely something your software team should be looking into.

For further information: The tracks with the issue weren't even mp3s they were all .wav files. Some of the songs were produced/exported by myself so I don't see a reason why the files should be damaged. I can send the tracks for further evidence if needed.

Nico Kassel 0 voti

Hi all,

I too confirm the same behaviour. Firmware 1.05, DJM 900nxs2 2.07

Some MP3 (not happening to AIFFs so far) cant be loaded and getting the dreaded error "8302 cannot play track (3000)" BUT when loaded into the 2000NXS2 the track loads fine.

My setup is a djm900nxs2, 2xcdj3000 and 1xcdj2000nxs2, all linked via a ethernet hub.

If the USB is connected to the 3000, I get the error and cant load it anywhere.

If the USB is connected to the 2000, the tracks loads fine in all 3 players (but it takes a little longer to load vs direct usb in the 3000).

Let me know if you need any more info on this. Deffo something that needs to be corrected via firmware.

Pepe Camil 0 voti

Hi Friends, 

Just heard back from Pioneer on this issue:

"The engineering team is working on to fix the issue in the next updated firmware.
The exact date is not determined but planned to be released in early next month.

The engineering team advises to use HFS+ instead FAT32 for the workaround till the issue is fixed."

Cy 0 voti

Thx for the heads up.

Since I have a FAT32 with a MBR with over 400 GB of music, is it possible to format HFS+ with MBR?

Or we can wait a couple of weeks for this to be solved....

Pepe Camil 0 voti

@Pepe > HFS+ is not only faster but more reliable than FAT32 (as it has journalling), so if you're on a Mac, you can format to HFS+, but Windows machines can't do it without jumping through a lot of hoops.

My recommendation would be (if you're on a Mac), to grab another drive that has space to transfer your music, or if you already have a copy (as you should), then format that drive as HFS+ then dump all the music back onto it.

Pulse 0 voti

Thx @pulse.

If  remember I did try HFS once but since I have a large collection on the USB SSD, it failed to load several times, hence moving all to FAT32. Maybe I forgot to select MBR while formatting...

I will try it again later in next week as I have to travel with my trusty ssd that works flawlessly so far!!

Pepe Camil 0 voti