Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Lacie Rugged 1 TB not recognised by CDJ

I own Lacie Rugged 1 TB drive and sometimes using it for gigs instead of sticks. But my last gig turned out terrible since I couldn't perform due to not recognising Lacie issue of CDJ (Most probably it was Nexus 2).

I used Rekordbox 5 to analyse tracks and exported to Lacie with Sync Manager. And then checked from "Devices" tab of left menu in RB and I could see my synced playlist under drive. But after I connected the drive, Boom! No File :/  Error on screen was similar to like "No Folder" error on background where we browse our playlist and "Corrupted drive. Database not found" pop-up error. 

Tried to fix issue with my Mac. Formatted the Lacie as FAT32 and synced playlist again and tried second time but no joy. But right after I connected to my XDJ-RR at home and it could read it right away as always.

So what might be the issue that cause Lacie to be recognised by XDJ but not by CDJ? I really wonder it and want to solve this issue permanently.

Kind Regards.

Murat Demirdöğen

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

3 commenti

Hey Murat,

The most likely cause is that the drive is drawing more power than the CDJ is providing to spin it up. Consider using a Y-connector to provide additional external power from a USB charger brick.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hi Pulse,

Thanks for quick respond but I want to clarify one part.

Is your reply exact root cause or just your opinion? If the reason as you said, so I wonder how can XDJ make the drive spin and work well even though its lower model of CDJs and CDJs are 4-5 times more expensive than XDJs. Is there any technical explanation behind?

Thanks.

Murat Demirdöğen 0 voti

Without testing your drive, it's speculation as to the possible cause -- but it's an easy thing for you to check with a Y cable to provide the additional power to rule it out.

Pulse 0 voti