Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 follower Segui

CDJ-3000 Stacked Waveform issue

I manually beat match and thought it odd that when looking at the stacked waveforms that they were off.

Checked the beat grids and they're all fine, so tested with the same track on both decks at the same BPM. If you perfectly align them on one deck, but then cut the channel making the next deck the master the stacked waveforms are not aligned.

Switching back to the deck where you originally aligned them they are fine. The issue is both ways too. Align on the other deck and switch and they're out again.

Same issue occurs even if the decks are directly linked, so it's not a switch problem.

Not an issue when using ears, but something is obviously not right.

Greig Gaskill

Commento ufficiale

I'm going to close this topic, not because Pioneer DJ isn't working on the issue, but because I keep having to repeat the same thing over and over...

It's being worked on.

Thank you for your patience.

When we have something more to tell you, there will be a new topic. If you are angry about this topic being locked, this is exactly why. Patience please.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

26 commenti

Issue is the same with Phase instead of Waveform too. Firmware 1.05. Not sure if it was an issue on 1.03 as I only paid attention due to the firmware upgrade mentioned improvements to the waveform.

Greig Gaskill 0 voti

Hey Greig,

Are you using a DJM where the mixer is controlling which deck is master?

Pulse 0 voti

Evening Pulse,

I'm using the DJM-900NSX2, but the issue is present when all are linked via a switch and when the 3000's are only directly linked to each other.

When linked to each other, tapping the Master button still gives the same waveform alignment issue.

Greig Gaskill 0 voti

I have now tried with separate USB's in both decks with the same tracks and the problem is still there. If you engage sync it halves the difference in the alignment and shares the same offset between both decks.

It's not a major difference, but once you notice it....

It will be a problem for those that like to mirror BPM and then "beat match" by alignment.    

Greig Gaskill 0 voti

Just read this post and can confirm mine also do this ? Pioneer has some serious glitches to fix. You would think they would have put through vigorous testing before release? I guess not. £4400 and we are the guinea pigs!!

Peterlazarenko 0 voti

Also just had an issue of linking 2 csj2000nxs2 With the 2 3000’s and when you press sync on the 2000 they are well out of sync and have to manually pull in sync.

Peterlazarenko 0 voti

Thanks Peter, what a nightmare. Really not sure what to do now as I have other little issues as well, like hot cues not loading all the time, tracks occasionally automatically playing on load, although settings are correct to just load without playing.

In theory it should be an easy fix with the software, so wait it out or take advantage of the 28 day return policies....

Greig Gaskill 0 voti

I’m having lots of issues small ones but very frustrating considering the price paid for them. Think they got exited in beating denon to their release. Check this out just happened

I’m sure updates will fix them

https://youtu.be/wSwE-m3DUNg

Peterlazarenko 0 voti

Oh god, it seems like the longer they're used more issues become apparent. I did expect a few issues this early, but not to this extent.

Greig Gaskill 0 voti

Denon have big problems with their new gear too, but for me Denon is not an option. I play out and and also put my own events on and other than Pioneer the only occasional non Pioneer kit will be the mixer.

Almost £4,400 down and they'll be collecting dust until they're fixed! 

Greig Gaskill 0 voti

Yes it seems the more I use them the more issues I find. Still glitchy on the waveform even after the update which helped but not 100%

Peterlazarenko 0 voti

Have you guys re-analysed the tracks in question with rekordbox 6, then wiped your USB drive and exported fresh?

Pulse 0 voti

All tracks analysed in Rekordbox 6.1.0 and on fresh USB sticks.

Greig Gaskill 0 voti

I'm getting the exact same. CDJs & V10 all updated.  Incidentally, are you guys getting this since adding hot cues & cue points using the RBox App, or Rekordbox 6? I need to test more, but it feels like it happens to a greater effect on tracks that I have used the used app /  Rekordbox to place hot cues or cue points.

Mine is also a fresh USB. Set up using Pro DJ Link via a switch hub.

Scott Wilkins 0 voti

Sorry I've just posted a new query identical to this. I still have stacked waveform inaccuracies and working on latest firmware for RB, DJMV10, CDJ3000's 

PaulM72 0 voti

@PaulM72

It's dire to be honest and there's nothing forthcoming from Pioneer at all, other than they know when it will be fixed, but cannot say when, which goes against this official support response I had;

Thank you for your reply.
CDJ-3000 engineers saw your reply and answered below. 

The issue that the stacking waveforms are still slightly off is caused by some slight delay of the LAN cable communication, which cannot be prevented due to small gaps in the communication timing.  

This says to me it will never be fixed. It's also a load of bollox.... I'm a CTO that has worked in IT for over 30 years and have never heard such a poor excuse for LAN Cable communication timing.... Didn't happen with the 2000NSX2 did it!

I have noticed it is slightly improved with tracks that have no cue points whatsoever, so maybe it's a display refresh issue, but who knows. 

All in all it's the worst £4.5K I have ever spent and 4 months down the line there's nothing but tumbleweed blowing around.

Greig Gaskill 0 voti

@Greig Gaskill im currently using mine as a charger for my iPhone when in the studio, most expensive charger ever. i can't bare to use them with all the issues they have.

when they are not linked they run a lot smother so there is definitely some sort of issue when lan is connected causing a delay and no doubt other issues.

wish i never bothered, such poor customer service. 4 months no resolution.

Peterlazarenko 0 voti

@Peterlazarenko

It's unbelievably bad that we're 4 months down the line with nothing in sight. Nothing to even try and appease us. Ask a few questions, get vague and sometimes aggressive responses. Wait months for support responses that just don't help....

The LAN Cables make no difference in the issues we're experiencing nor the switches as we've all seen the issue is still there when directly linked. I've tried cat5 all the way up to cat8 and no difference at all. This makes me think the issue is with the actual internal network cards or processors, so let's hope it's solvable with an update and not an internal embedded hardware issue.

Not like we can get a full refund either is it :-( 

Greig Gaskill 0 voti

Wow guys really poor form, i'm partly relieved that it's a known issue but Pioneer need to step up and get this solved. 

I agree Greg my LAN set up is no different to that i had with the NXS2's and they worked great. 

PaulM72 0 voti

Flagship model to. If this was my company I would want my top people fixing it straight away not 4 months with no fix in sight. Shocking is an understatement

Peterlazarenko 0 voti

@Grieg > The signal issue is not to do with the cable itself (that seems to have been a poor translation internally), I did read the technical details on the problem but unfortunately that information cannot be shared. They are working to address it however we don't have a timeline for that as it's a minor inconvenience in comparison to other problems (such as the jog responsiveness) which are being considered a priority.

Thanks for your patience.

Pulse 0 voti

Thanks Pulse, now i know it's a glitch its easier to ignore and not question my ears - RB prep.

Look forward to firmware fixes and product enhancements as promised at launch

PaulM72 0 voti

So... what's the update on this? Been 6 months still not working. I feel I spent 7k on CDJ 3000s and DJM V10 and my XDJ XZ was working way better! Also, the sync don't seem to work well, you have to manually beat-match.

This is literally top of the line gear, idk what is a higher priority than fixing that 

Luca Graziani 0 voti

Don’t think pioneer care about fixing major problems. The sync is dreadful and doesn’t work well still very hit and miss. Can’t wait for the clubs to open and djs actually use these units just to see how bad they are. Real poor effort for flagship models.

Peterlazarenko 0 voti